Better replacement for EntryFieldMorph in pharo1.4

Better replacement for EntryFieldMorph in pharo1.4

irfankhan1
Hi i want to know which class would be a better option i can use in pharo 1.4 in order to display and update text as class EntryFieldMorph is no more.

Re: Better replacement for EntryFieldMorph in pharo1.4

senTalker
Hello,

I am new to (Pharo) UI programming, but appearently the way to go in
Pharo is with Spec. As such, your starting point for these kinds of
questions is to look in the trait TEasilyThemed (a class that makes
use of this trait is ComposableMorph).

My first stop were the methods such as "newTextEntryFor:getText:setText:help:".
Following them, you can see that a similar method is invoked on the
(current) "theme".
In UITheme, take a look inside of
"newTextEntryIn:for:get:set:class:getEnabled:help:"

There you find the answer to your question: PluggableTextFieldMorph.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Sebastian