Binding for libsodium/nacl for Pharo and Squeak (was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Community Hangout report)

Binding for libsodium/nacl for Pharo and Squeak (was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Community Hangout report)

Tony Garnock-Jones-3
On 2013-06-11 4:17 PM, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. wrote:
> Hans-Martin Mosner asked if anybody had Squeak code for Elliptic Curve
> Cryptography. He mentioned that he is part of the Squeak special
> interest group on cryptography (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5776), but
> nobody there has this stuff and he doesn't know any other Smalltalk that
> has it.

I have recently written a binding for http://nacl.cr.yp.to/ for Pharo
and Squeak: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/tonyg/Crypto-Nacl/main

Nacl relies on ECC for many of its operations. A good overview is
http://cr.yp.to/highspeed/coolnacl-20120725.pdf.

My binding uses FFI. You'll need a copy of libsodium.{so,dylib,dll}. I
haven't yet written up instructions, sorry, but there are tests in there
that will tell you when you get the .so in the right spot.

Regards,
  Tony

Re: Binding for libsodium/nacl for Pharo and Squeak (was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Community Hangout report)

Tony Garnock-Jones-3
On 2013-06-11 7:26 PM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> I have recently written a binding for http://nacl.cr.yp.to/ for Pharo
> and Squeak: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/tonyg/Crypto-Nacl/main

I have just published a blog post with installation instructions:
http://www.eighty-twenty.org/index.cgi/tech/smalltalk/nacl-for-squeak-and-pharo-20130601.html

Regards,
  Tony

Re: Binding for libsodium/nacl for Pharo and Squeak (was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Community Hangout report)

Frank Shearar-3
On 12 June 2013 01:18, Tony Garnock-Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2013-06-11 7:26 PM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
>> I have recently written a binding for http://nacl.cr.yp.to/ for Pharo
>> and Squeak: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/tonyg/Crypto-Nacl/main
>
> I have just published a blog post with installation instructions:
> http://www.eighty-twenty.org/index.cgi/tech/smalltalk/nacl-for-squeak-and-pharo-20130601.html

Thanks very much, Tony!

frank