BitBltPlugin>primitivePixelValueAt support

BitBltPlugin>primitivePixelValueAt support

timrowledge
Eliot had the simple but brilliant idea to move the bitblt plugin to be a subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin and just copy my primitivePixelValueAt code into it. It works, at least so far as I can tell from running it and the BitBLt tests in TestRunner.

In order to save some of the changes to support it I need access to the http://www.squeaksource.com/Balloon3D repository - or a volunteer to cross-losd my two whole method changes.

And just now I managed to crush the image completely so I'll have to rework all this tomorrow and hope that in the interim nobody does anything silly like installing the partially dealt with changes. Sigh. Sorry about that.

tim
When all else fails, let a = 7.  If that doesn't help, then read the manual.

Re: BitBltPlugin>primitivePixelValueAt support

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:48:49PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Eliot had the simple but brilliant idea to move the bitblt plugin to be a subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin and just copy my primitivePixelValueAt code into it. It works, at least so far as I can tell from running it and the BitBLt tests in TestRunner.

Is that really a good idea? It seems misleading in the sense that it would
imply that the rather large B3DEnginePlugin hierarchy is making use of
SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin, which seems like an unnecessary source of
confusion for readers.

I have to admit that I don't really trust SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin very
much so maybe it's an unfounded concern.

Dave

On 24-03-2013, at 9:22 AM, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:48:49PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> Eliot had the simple but brilliant idea to move the bitblt plugin to be a subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin and just copy my primitivePixelValueAt code into it. It works, at least so far as I can tell from running it and the BitBLt tests in TestRunner.
>>

> Is that really a good idea? It seems misleading in the sense that it would
> imply that the rather large B3DEnginePlugin hierarchy is making use of
> SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin, which seems like an unnecessary source of
> confusion for readers.

Err, I moved BitBlt not B3D. No clash there.

> I have to admit that I don't really trust SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin very
> much so maybe it's an unfounded concern.

I think so; I've used the SSIP stuff for decades (eep) with no particular issues. What had simply failed to percolate into my mind was the thought that the 'plain' syntax is inherited as well, so you can use both anywhere under SSIP class. Now I certainly won't claim that there are no possible clashes somewhere in there - but this experiment suggests it works decently.

tim
Useful random insult:- Calls people to ask them their phone number.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:35:42AM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 24-03-2013, at 9:22 AM, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:48:49PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> >> Eliot had the simple but brilliant idea to move the bitblt plugin to be a subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin and just copy my primitivePixelValueAt code into it. It works, at least so far as I can tell from running it and the BitBLt tests in TestRunner.
> >>

> > Is that really a good idea? It seems misleading in the sense that it would
> > imply that the rather large B3DEnginePlugin hierarchy is making use of
> > SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin, which seems like an unnecessary source of
> > confusion for readers.
>
> Err, I moved BitBlt not B3D. No clash there.

Cue voice of Gilda Randner ... "never mind!"

> > I have to admit that I don't really trust SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin very
> > much so maybe it's an unfounded concern.
>
> I think so; I've used the SSIP stuff for decades (eep) with no particular issues. What had simply failed to percolate into my mind was the thought that the 'plain' syntax is inherited as well, so you can use both anywhere under SSIP class. Now I certainly won't claim that there are no possible clashes somewhere in there - but this experiment suggests it works decently.
>

> tim
> Useful random insult:- Calls people to ask them their phone number.

Re: BitBltPlugin>primitivePixelValueAt support

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-24, at 06:48, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In order to save some of the changes to support it I need access to the http://www.squeaksource.com/Balloon3D repository

Done.

- Bert -