Blue book, worth reading?

Ichiseki
Is it a good idea to invest some time in reading & studing the blue book? or better expend that time on other sources?
thankyou
ichisan

Re: Blue book, worth reading?

Esteban A. Maringolo
Well... it is a book worth reading, but also is a book worth having :)

Pharo By Example and Pharo for the Enterprise are definitely more
current, and will probably provide you with more useful content. But
that depends on what is your purpose.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Is it a good idea to invest some time in reading & studing the blue book? or
> better expend that time on other sources?
> thankyou
> ichisan

Re: Blue book, worth reading?

drush66

For me, one of the few Books with capital B. It will teach you spirit of Smalltalk like nothing else.

But if you are looking for book that will give you practical kickstart in Smalltalk, Pharo by example might be the ticket.

On Sep 16, 2014 8:59 PM, "Ichiseki" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it a good idea to invest some time in reading & studing the blue book? or
better expend that time on other sources?
thankyou
ichisan

Re: Blue book, worth reading?

stepharo

On 16/9/14 20:58, Ichiseki wrote:
> Is it a good idea to invest some time in reading & studing the blue book? or
> better expend that time on other sources?

I would read first
     - smalltalk with style
     - Smalltalk by example
     - best smalltalk practices