Board Candidates Needed

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi All,

So far we have 4 candidates for 7 seats.

Tim Rowledge

Marcel Taeumel

Craig Latta

Bert Freudenberg

Come on people you can do better.  It would be nice if we could get at least 10 candidates!

We have 10 days left.  Please feel free to encourage people to run.  Maybe do it publically on squeak-dev.

Squeak needs you!!!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Board Candidates Needed

Chris Muller-3
I'm running.  Squeak is Smalltalk-80 for the modern-age.
Sophisticated yet, elegant.  Unassuming, yet unapologetic.  Where else
can I find a class-library this amazingly robust with a license this
generous.  The latest changes to the IDE are amazing, I never dreamed
it could be this productive.  Squeak 5 and Spur have opened new
possibilities for scaling new heights.

I'm fully invested; personally, professionally, commercially.  Whether
re-elected or not, I plan to continue channeling the best parts of my
passion into code and progress for the image, this community, and our
infrastructure.

My immediate future plans are to restore, hopefully once and for all,
the MC history function to the IDE, and also work with Marcel and Karl
to bring a workable Theming function to the IDE.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> So far we have 4 candidates for 7 seats.
>

> Tim Rowledge
>
> Marcel Taeumel
>
> Craig Latta
>
> Bert Freudenberg
>

> Come on people you can do better.  It would be nice if we could get at least
> 10 candidates!
>

> We have 10 days left.  Please feel free to encourage people to run.  Maybe
> do it publically on squeak-dev.
>

> Squeak needs you!!!
>

> All the best,
>

> Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Board Candidates Needed

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:43:29PM -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> We have 10 days left.  Please feel free to encourage people to run.  Maybe
> do it publically on squeak-dev.
>
> Squeak needs you!!!

I am running for the Squeak Oversight Board this year.

I participate in Squeak as an amateur member of the community. While I
appreciate the value of Squeak as a software development tool, for me that
is not important. I see it as a personal toolbox for exploring ideas and
learning ("computer science in a box").

Some of the things that inspire me are:

- Cuis - for its simplicity and clarity of vision.

- FunSqueak - for reminding us of all the things that Squeak can be.

- Scratch and Etoys - supporting the part of our community that matters the most.

- Spur/Cog - for advancing the leading edge of performance, for making future scalability possible, and for doing it all in open source.

- SqueakJS - for breaking free from old operating systems, for making run anything/run everywhere more possible than ever before.

I plan to continue supporting my own projects (OSProcess, VM team support,
and a few others). As a member of the oversight board I will do my best to
ensure that Squeak is both cutting edge in its new development, and truly
accessible to non-professional Squeakers, kids, and hobby programmers.

Dave