Bookmarks in System Browser?

Christian Kellermann
Hi all!

I am always jumping around in the Systembrowser searching for
suitable messages to use. And I would like to jump back from where
I started the search, which is mostly the package and class I am
currently editing. Is there a bookmark like support in the System
Browser I can use?

A second window might be an option but it just clutters my small
laptop screen, so easy jumping inside one browser window would be
perfect.

Has anyone added such a feature already?

How do you do it?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.

Re: Bookmarks in System Browser?

K K Subbu
Christian,

Classes visited are tracked in a LIFO stack and you can bring up this
list by right-click in the Package pane and selecting "back ..(b)". The
keyboard short-cut is CTRL-b or ALT-b depending on your platform and
preference settings.

HTH .. Subbu

On 17/12/19 7:06 PM, Christian Kellermann wrote

> Hi all!
>
> I am always jumping around in the Systembrowser searching for
> suitable messages to use. And I would like to jump back from where
> I started the search, which is mostly the package and class I am
> currently editing. Is there a bookmark like support in the System
> Browser I can use?
>
> A second window might be an option but it just clutters my small
> laptop screen, so easy jumping inside one browser window would be
> perfect.
>
> Has anyone added such a feature already?
>
> How do you do it?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Christian

Re: Bookmarks in System Browser?

Christian Kellermann
* K K Subbu <[hidden email]> [191217 16:30]:
> Christian,
>
> Classes visited are tracked in a LIFO stack and you can bring up this list
> by right-click in the Package pane and selecting "back ..(b)". The keyboard
> short-cut is CTRL-b or ALT-b depending on your platform and preference
> settings.

That's exactly what I need, thanks!

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.

Re: Bookmarks in System Browser?

Christoph Thiede
Not strongly related, but did you take a look at WindowAcrobatics? I love them to keep overview of many, many open windows.

Another feature is multiple "tabs" per browser window, see the preferences.

Have much fun with Squeak! Best, Christoph