Broken: squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app#320 (master - 87356bd)

Broken: squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app#320 (master - 87356bd)

Travis CI
squeak-smalltalk / squeak-app (master)
Build #320 was broken.
14 minutes and 20 seconds
Fabio Niephaus 87356bd Changeset →
  Exclude SqueakSSLTest

Want to know about upcoming build environment updates?

Would you like to stay up-to-date with the upcoming Travis CI build environment updates? We set up a mailing list for you! Sign up here.

Would you like to test your private code?

Travis CI for Private Projects could be your new best friend!

<script type="application/ld+json"> { "@context": "http://schema.org", "@type": "EmailMessage", "action": { "@type": "ViewAction", "url": "https://travis-ci.org/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/builds/186982810", "name": "View Build" }, "description": "View Build #320 on Travis CI" } </script>

Re: Broken: squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app#320 (master - 87356bd)

fniephaus
Trunk builds are failing because of:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #dependencies MCMcmUpdater>>updateFromConfig: [] in [] in [] in MCMcmUpdater>>updateFromRepository:

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM Travis CI <[hidden email]> wrote:
squeak-smalltalk / squeak-app (master)
Build #320 was broken.
14 minutes and 20 seconds
Fabio Niephaus 87356bd Changeset →
  Exclude SqueakSSLTest

Want to know about upcoming build environment updates?

Would you like to stay up-to-date with the upcoming Travis CI build environment updates? We set up a mailing list for you! Sign up here.

Documentation about Travis CI
Need help? Mail [hidden email]!
Choose who receives these build notification emails in your configuration file.

Would you like to test your private code?

Travis CI for Private Projects could be your new best friend!

Re: Broken: squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app#320 (master - 87356bd)

Nicolas Cellier
It sounds like I encoutered something like this why updating some months ago.
Isn't it related to last transcripted: "found SmallLand-ColorTheme-fbs.6.mcz"?

If I remember, loading a few mcz in the package cache did workaround... Or was it just the fact of restarting the update?

[...]

Chris Muller-3
Appears there is a problem accessing one of the MCVersions -- #versionNamed: returned nil, but the calling code didn't expect that.

Very helpful would be to know what version it failed on..

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 12:18 AM Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Appears there is a problem accessing one of the MCVersions -- #versionNamed: returned nil, but the calling code didn't expect that.

Very helpful would be to know what version it failed on..

Yes, that'd be helpful. But I'm afraid we only have a call stack at the moment. Interestingly, the error only seems to occur occasionally, so maybe we need one more retry somewhere in the updater? Obviously, the updater needs to be as bullet proof as possible, because it's used to build new trunk images.