Buglet ins SIXX for Squeak 5.3

timrowledge
I just spotted a small bug in the code loaded up for SIXX. After loading it into a clean 5.3 image XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload  are reverted to old and out of date versions.

Installer code used -
Installer squeaksource
    project: 'MetacelloRepository';
    install: 'ConfigurationOfSIXX'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSIXX) load.

Looks like the ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#version051: method is causing the load of
`
spec for: #squeak do:[
                spec
                        package: 'XML-Parser' with: [
                                spec file: 'XML-Parser-ul.44';
                                        repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/squeak52'
`
and that in turn re-loads old versions of XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload - and they try to use the deprecated #registerFileReader: in FileList instead of FileServices.

I *think* it looks like ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#baseline06: requires the above section removing - but I am most definitely not any sort of expert in the ConfigurationOfXXXXXX stuff.

It appears that  Masashi-san is still caring for this package since there was a commit in january of this year, so if you could please Do The Magic(™).

And since SmalltalkHub is now deprecated it could be a good idea to move the repository perhaps to squeaksource.com

tim
Fractured Idiom:- MAZEL TON - Lots of luck

Re: Buglet ins SIXX for Squeak 5.3

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hello Tim-san,

Thank you for the feedback.
I've just updated ConfigurationOfSIXX on SqueakSource.com. Now SIXX
can be easily installable to Squeak 5.3.
I will also update SqueakMap entry soon.

Best regards,

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Buglet ins SIXX for Squeak 5.3

timrowledge
Thank you; I can confirm that it loads correctly on my Pi system.

> On 2020-07-04, at 9:50 AM, Masashi UMEZAWA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Tim-san,
>
> Thank you for the feedback.
> I've just updated ConfigurationOfSIXX on SqueakSource.com. Now SIXX
> can be easily installable to Squeak 5.3.
> I will also update SqueakMap entry soon.
>
> Best regards,
>
> 2020年7月3日(金) 10:32 tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I just spotted a small bug in the code loaded up for SIXX. After loading it into a clean 5.3 image XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload  are reverted to old and out of date versions.
>>
>> Installer code used -
>> Installer squeaksource
>>    project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>    install: 'ConfigurationOfSIXX'.
>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSIXX) load.
>>
>> Looks like the ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#version051: method is causing the load of
>> `
>> spec for: #squeak do:[
>>                spec
>>                        package: 'XML-Parser' with: [
>>                                spec file: 'XML-Parser-ul.44';
>>                                        repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/squeak52'
>> `
>> and that in turn re-loads old versions of XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload - and they try to use the deprecated #registerFileReader: in FileList instead of FileServices.
>>
>> I *think* it looks like ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#baseline06: requires the above section removing - but I am most definitely not any sort of expert in the ConfigurationOfXXXXXX stuff.
>>
>> It appears that  Masashi-san is still caring for this package since there was a commit in january of this year, so if you could please Do The Magic(™).
>>
>> And since SmalltalkHub is now deprecated it could be a good idea to move the repository perhaps to squeaksource.com
>>
>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Fractured Idiom:- MAZEL TON - Lots of luck
>>

> --
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]

tim
Strange OpCodes: MII: Mask all Interrupts and then Interrupt

Re: Buglet ins SIXX for Squeak 5.3

timrowledge
Oops - another small SIXX issue.

Preferences class>>#sixxStorePreferencesIn: refers to an Undeclared 'DictionaryOfPreferences' which I suspect might need to be changed to refer to 'preferencesDictionary'. Although possibly using 'self allPreferences' might do better since it rejects deprecated items.

> On 2020-07-05, at 6:12 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you; I can confirm that it loads correctly on my Pi system.
>
>> On 2020-07-04, at 9:50 AM, Masashi UMEZAWA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Tim-san,
>>
>> Thank you for the feedback.
>> I've just updated ConfigurationOfSIXX on SqueakSource.com. Now SIXX
>> can be easily installable to Squeak 5.3.
>> I will also update SqueakMap entry soon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> 2020年7月3日(金) 10:32 tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I just spotted a small bug in the code loaded up for SIXX. After loading it into a clean 5.3 image XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload  are reverted to old and out of date versions.
>>>
>>> Installer code used -
>>> Installer squeaksource
>>>   project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>   install: 'ConfigurationOfSIXX'.
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSIXX) load.
>>>
>>> Looks like the ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#version051: method is causing the load of
>>> `
>>> spec for: #squeak do:[
>>>               spec
>>>                       package: 'XML-Parser' with: [
>>>                               spec file: 'XML-Parser-ul.44';
>>>                                       repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/squeak52'
>>> `
>>> and that in turn re-loads old versions of XMLDOMParser class>>#initialize & XMLDOMParser class>>#unload - and they try to use the deprecated #registerFileReader: in FileList instead of FileServices.
>>>
>>> I *think* it looks like ConfigurationOfSIXX>>#baseline06: requires the above section removing - but I am most definitely not any sort of expert in the ConfigurationOfXXXXXX stuff.
>>>
>>> It appears that  Masashi-san is still caring for this package since there was a commit in january of this year, so if you could please Do The Magic(™).
>>>
>>> And since SmalltalkHub is now deprecated it could be a good idea to move the repository perhaps to squeaksource.com
>>>
>>> tim
>>> --
>>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>>> Fractured Idiom:- MAZEL TON - Lots of luck
>>>

>> --
>> [:masashi | ^umezawa]
>>

> tim
> Strange OpCodes: MII: Mask all Interrupts and then Interrupt

tim
Inoculatte (v): To take coffee intravenously when you are running late