Building win64 VM on appveyor

Nicolas Cellier

Hi,
we can now build squeak.stack.spur (and probably newspeak.stack.spur) on win64x64.
It could be interesting to add that to appveyor.yml too.

That means
- adding x86_64-w64-mingw-gcc or clang packages in the cygwin setup
- adding x64 to the platforms

What I don't know is how to restrict the build matrix (we don't want v3 variants in x64 and the cog variants do not work yet).
I had a quick look at https://www.appveyor.com/docs/appveyor-yml/ but the spec did not look crystal clear with this respect.
Maybe Tim of Fabio can help?

Thanks in advance :)

Nicolas

Re: Building win64 VM on appveyor

David T. Lewis

Congratulations Nicolas!

Dave

>  Hi,
> we can now build squeak.stack.spur (and probably newspeak.stack.spur) on
> win64x64.
> It could be interesting to add that to appveyor.yml too.
>
> That means
> - adding x86_64-w64-mingw-gcc or clang packages in the cygwin setup
> - adding x64 to the platforms
>
> What I don't know is how to restrict the build matrix (we don't want v3
> variants in x64 and the cog variants do not work yet).
> I had a quick look at https://www.appveyor.com/docs/appveyor-yml/ but the
> spec did not look crystal clear with this respect.
> Maybe Tim of Fabio can help?
>
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Nicolas

Re: Building win64 VM on appveyor

timfelgentreff

Thank you very much for all that hard work Nicolas.

I'm waiting for the PR to run through, but hopefully we'll have 64-bit stack builds on each commit for Windows, soon.

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 at 17:32 David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Congratulations Nicolas!

Dave

>  Hi,
> we can now build squeak.stack.spur (and probably newspeak.stack.spur) on
> win64x64.
> It could be interesting to add that to appveyor.yml too.
>
> That means
> - adding x86_64-w64-mingw-gcc or clang packages in the cygwin setup
> - adding x64 to the platforms
>
> What I don't know is how to restrict the build matrix (we don't want v3
> variants in x64 and the cog variants do not work yet).
> I had a quick look at https://www.appveyor.com/docs/appveyor-yml/ but the
> spec did not look crystal clear with this respect.
> Maybe Tim of Fabio can help?
>
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Nicolas

Re: Building win64 VM on appveyor

Nicolas Cellier

Supercool!
Last thing, 64bits SqueakFFI crashes when compiled with gcc, but passes when compiled with clang, so we have to install clang and change the makefile.tools.