CCPainter

David Faught
I was working on some enhancements for CCPainter specifically for the
KAT demo a while back.  Howard gave me a list and I was working my way
through it.  I have completed:

1. create CCPainter objects inside KMedia3DContainers
2. open paint on already inflated mesh, reinflating when finished
3. reduce CCPainter screen area so it doesn't interfere with navigation and dock
4. use of cache manager for textures

Although there is a bigger list yet to go with at least one thing that
is a pretty bad error (in color picking), this project has slipped
down on my priority list.  I can easily release what I've got, and if
anyone is interested in more enhancements, maybe I can push it back up
in priority a bit.

Dave

Re: CCPainter

RichWhite
I know this is a very remedial question, and I apologize, but what is the process for replacing TPainter with CCPainter ?  The interactive whiteboards work we are experimenting with uses the KAT Demo (Wisconsin World).

Thanks you very much !
Rich

====
David Faught wrote
I was working on some enhancements for CCPainter specifically for the
KAT demo a while back.  Howard gave me a list and I was working my way
through it.  I have completed:

1. create CCPainter objects inside KMedia3DContainers
2. open paint on already inflated mesh, reinflating when finished
3. reduce CCPainter screen area so it doesn't interfere with navigation and dock
4. use of cache manager for textures

Although there is a bigger list yet to go with at least one thing that
is a pretty bad error (in color picking), this project has slipped
down on my priority list.  I can easily release what I've got, and if
anyone is interested in more enhancements, maybe I can push it back up
in priority a bit.

Dave

Re: CCPainter

Darius Clarke
From David Faught's Feb 7th post:

You will want to look at this link, if you haven't already seen it.
It is a Flash demo about CCPainter .

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu/croquet/croquetMovies/ccpainter1.htm" target="_blank">http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu/croquet/croquetMovies/ccpainter1.htm

To try CCPainter, merge the dafHacks-CCPainter-daf.20.mcz package from
the PublicContribs repository on CroquetSource.  In order to hook this
into the Tweak menus in the SimpleDemo (Master) for example, use the
class browser in category MenuUI-Tweak class CroquetMenuProject method
menuBarToolsMenu, and add (or replace the TPainter entry with) this
entry:

menu add: 'CCPainter' target: self action: #actionCCPainter disabled: false.

I posted a small fix to the PublicContribs repository which properly
positions a new billboard object in front of the avatar, which I
noticed never got picked up by anybody else's changes.  It is
HedgeHacks-BFD-daf.35.mcz and it can just be Monticello-merged in too.

Hope that helps. You might want to check if there are more recent versions of each of these packages in Monticello.

Darius