Calendar fixes

Ricardo Moran
Hi guys,

Given the recent interest in the CalendarMorph, I've been working on it a little more (see the project attached). Now I find it much more responsive by just deferring the update of the GUI (which is expensive) in the #step method. I also fixed the issue with the translations not updating when changing languages. Now the month names and day initials should get updated but the problem is that we don't have translations for them yet in the database, so you won't notice this until we add them.

Important for developers: I changed the way the locale changes are notified to morphs. See Project>>#updateLocaleDependentsWithPreviousSupplies:gently: and Morph>>#localeChanged. Basically, I just send #localeChanged to all morphs and I have the default implementation in Morph doing nothing. I think this is much better than before because now any morph can get notified of locale changes by just implementing the #localeChanged method, but I wanted to ask for your opinion on this.

Cheers,
Richo

Calendario.005.pr (202K) Download Attachment

Re: [etoys-dev] Calendar fixes

Karl Ramberg
I can't get the arrows for changing month and year to work
Nice updates though :-)

Karl

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't get the arrows for changing month and year to work

That's weird. It works here.

Maybe the morph is not stepping for some reason? If that's the case, the date would be changed but the UI won't be updated.

Also, maybe you were trying the next month/year buttons. For this particular project I made imposible to choose a future date (to prevent an infinite loop when counting the days), see the script "preventFromChoosingAFutureDate".

Nice updates though :-)

Thanks. Do you think I should commit the locale notification change to etoys?

Richo