Calling Ruby

Davide Varvello
Hi there,
 Is it possible to call ruby from pharo? (And how, of course :-))
Cheers
 Davide

Re: Calling Ruby

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2012-09-11, at 16:45, Davide Varvello <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
> Is it possible to call ruby from pharo? (And how, of course :-))
> Cheers
> Davide

Install PipeableOSProcess so you can call commandline programs
see http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/OSProcess/

Re: Calling Ruby

OSProcess so far

On Sep 11, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Davide Varvello wrote:

> Hi there,
> Is it possible to call ruby from pharo? (And how, of course :-))
> Cheers
> Davide

Re: Calling Ruby

Davide Varvello
OSProcess, right! My mind was wandering to ffi and I was scared.
Thanks Stephane and Camillo

Davide

Re: Calling Ruby

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Davide Varvello wrote
OSProcess, right!
If you need something more sophisticated, I did some experiments with a very basic Ruby bridge. lmk and maybe I'll clean it up and put it on ss3...

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Calling Ruby

Davide Varvello
Thanks Sean,
I'd love it, but now I'm really busy. You can put on ss3 for pharo's community sake.
Cheers
 Davide

Sean P. DeNigris wrote