Can FFI be used with an Alien-aware VM?

Jay Hardesty-2

Hello - new question:

Can FFI be used in an Alien-aware VM?

Having built a new Mac VM I get "Callout mechanism not available",
though the FFI classes and plugin seem to be in place
(SqueakFFIPrims.bundle in 'Sqeak VM Opt.app/Contents/Resource').

Also, Applescript generates an error on startup at
ApplscriptInstance>>primOpenDefaultConfiguration: type subtype:
subtype  because the TestOSAPlugin is not defined (although this
plugin was not defined in my previous 3.8-biuilt VM).  Not sure if
this might be related to Alien/FFI somehow..

Thanks once again for all the help (hopefully getting closer).
Jay

Re: Can FFI be used with an Alien-aware VM?

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Jay,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Jay Hardesty <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello - new question:

Can FFI be used in an Alien-aware VM?

I don't understand the question.  Can you ask in more detail?

TIA
Eliot

Having built a new Mac VM I get "Callout mechanism not available",
though the FFI classes and plugin seem to be in place
(SqueakFFIPrims.bundle in 'Sqeak VM Opt.app/Contents/Resource').

Have you checked that the bindle looks right?  There should be an executable SqueakFFIPrims.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SqueakFFIPrims

$ file Squeak\ VM\ Opt.app/Contents/Resources/SqueakFFIPrims.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SqueakFFIPrims
Squeak VM Opt.app/Contents/Resources/SqueakFFIPrims.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SqueakFFIPrims: Mach-O bundle i386

Also, Applescript generates an error on startup at
ApplscriptInstance>>primOpenDefaultConfiguration: type subtype:
subtype  because the TestOSAPlugin is not defined (although this
plugin was not defined in my previous 3.8-biuilt VM).  Not sure if
this might be related to Alien/FFI somehow..

I don't think the two are at all related.