Can't load VMMaker classes

Michael Ross-1
Hi all,

I'd like to look at the code for Interpreter
and ObjectMemory, in either Smalltalk or Slang,
but can't find any classes/files for them.

I noticed that the names appear in VMMaker comments
in the Package Universe but when I tried to load
any of the VMMakers, they all hung with a variety
of reasons. (I used a fresh 3.10.2-7179 image in win32).
Installing VMMaker using squeakMap also hung.

Does anyone know where the source for these classes
might be found for reading? Or a 1-click image that
contains VMMaker? (doesn't have to be current)

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Can't load VMMaker classes

mstram
http://squeaksource.com/@qSfW8TBwab4RGIAI/gIrL7GWh

And a 'google for 'squeak vmmaker' yields :

http://map.squeak.org/package/2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a

Also on the squeak wiki :
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/search?search=vmmaker&casesensitive=false&and=true

Mike

kmr1642 wrote
Hi all,

I'd like to look at the code for Interpreter
and ObjectMemory, in either Smalltalk or Slang,
but can't find any classes/files for them.

I noticed that the names appear in VMMaker comments
in the Package Universe but when I tried to load
any of the VMMakers, they all hung with a variety
of reasons. (I used a fresh 3.10.2-7179 image in win32).
Installing VMMaker using squeakMap also hung.

Does anyone know where the source for these classes
might be found for reading? Or a 1-click image that
contains VMMaker? (doesn't have to be current)

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Can't load VMMaker classes

Michael van der Gulik-2
On 3/27/09, kmr1642 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to look at the code for Interpreter
> and ObjectMemory, in either Smalltalk or Slang,
> but can't find any classes/files for them.
>
> I noticed that the names appear in VMMaker comments
> in the Package Universe but when I tried to load
> any of the VMMakers, they all hung with a variety
> of reasons. (I used a fresh 3.10.2-7179 image in win32).
> Installing VMMaker using squeakMap also hung.
>
> Does anyone know where the source for these classes
> might be found for reading? Or a 1-click image that
> contains VMMaker? (doesn't have to be current)

Believe me, it's much easier downloading a prepared image:

http://www.squeakvm.org/

Go to "Unix" (even if you're using Windows or Mac) and there's an
image available from that page that's set up ready to go.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

Re: Can't load VMMaker classes

Michael Ross-1
Michael van der Gulik-2 wrote
On 3/27/09, kmr1642 <kmr1642@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to look at the code for Interpreter
> and ObjectMemory, in either Smalltalk or Slang,
> but can't find any classes/files for them.
>
> I noticed that the names appear in VMMaker comments
> in the Package Universe but when I tried to load
> any of the VMMakers, they all hung with a variety
> of reasons. (I used a fresh 3.10.2-7179 image in win32).
> Installing VMMaker using squeakMap also hung.
>
> Does anyone know where the source for these classes
> might be found for reading? Or a 1-click image that
> contains VMMaker? (doesn't have to be current)

Believe me, it's much easier downloading a prepared image:

http://www.squeakvm.org/

Go to "Unix" (even if you're using Windows or Mac) and there's an
image available from that page that's set up ready to go.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/
On the Unix Squeak page you indicated
I downloaded  unix-3.10-4.vmm.tar.gz
and tried its image file on win32 vm.
It ran with no problem and has the classes
I was lookin for, plus other VM goodies.

Thanks.

-Michael Ross

Re: Can't load VMMaker classes

Michael Ross-1
Thanks for the links. The Swiki query
brought up a lot of info on VM plugins
which will help going thru the Interpreter.

-Michael Ross