Can't upload to SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello,

These last days, I could not upload anything to SqueakMap: the
connection resets after a few seconds. Could someone take a look at this ?

Thanks.

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Chris Muller-3
Do you mean from a webbrowser or the in-image UI?

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Stéphane Rollandin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> These last days, I could not upload anything to SqueakMap: the connection
> resets after a few seconds. Could someone take a look at this ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin
> Do you mean from a webbrowser or the in-image UI?

 From the web. I actually didn't know the UI could be used for uploading :)

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello,

Still no luck with SqueakMap. Uploading appears broken, I cannot update
muO there. It seems there has been no activity the last month, so I
guess this is a bug in the server side.

Could someone have a look ? I don't know who is maintaining SqueakMap.

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

David T. Lewis
Copying the box-admins list:

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 09:22:15AM +0200, St??phane Rollandin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Still no luck with SqueakMap. Uploading appears broken, I cannot update
> muO there. It seems there has been no activity the last month, so I
> guess this is a bug in the server side.
>
> Could someone have a look ? I don't know who is maintaining SqueakMap.
>

> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Chris Muller-3
Hi Stéphane, I checked the server earlier and everything seems to be
running fine.  Now I just did a test upload from the web page and it
worked fine.

How large is the file that you're trying to upload?

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:22 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Still no luck with SqueakMap. Uploading appears broken, I cannot update muO
> there. It seems there has been no activity the last month, so I guess this
> is a bug in the server side.
>
> Could someone have a look ? I don't know who is maintaining SqueakMap.
>

> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin
Le 13/05/2015 17:31, Chris Muller a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane, I checked the server earlier and everything seems to be
> running fine.  Now I just did a test upload from the web page and it
> worked fine.
>
> How large is the file that you're trying to upload?

3 Mb; my connexion is very slow though.

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Chris Muller-4
the service log file has strange error message in it (below).  what
browser are you using?   are there any special characters in the file
name?

Error: You must upload a file with PUT
13 May 2015 12:24:20 am

VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.8 [latest update: #6665]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /home/squeakmap
Trusted Dir /home/squeakmap/secure
Untrusted Dir /home/squeakmap/My Squeak

SMUploadFileAction(Object)>>error:
Receiver: a SMUploadFileAction
Arguments and temporary variables:
aString: 'You must upload a file with PUT'
Receiver's instance variables:
request: HttpRequest (URL=/upload/; protocol=HTTP/1.1; header=a
Dictionary('con...etc...
fields: nil
account: nil

SMUploadFileAction>>go
Receiver: a SMUploadFileAction
Arguments and temporary variables:
s: nil
Receiver's instance variables:
request: HttpRequest (URL=/upload/; protocol=HTTP/1.1; header=a
Dictionary('con...etc...
fields: nil
account: nil

SMUploadFileAction(SMRemoteAction)>>response
Receiver: a SMUploadFileAction
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
request: HttpRequest (URL=/upload/; protocol=HTTP/1.1; header=a
Dictionary('con...etc...
fields: nil
account: nil

SMSqueakMapView>>upload
Receiver: a SMSqueakMapView
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
model: a SMSqueakMap
parent: a SMRootView
title: 'SqueakMap'
req: HttpRequest (URL=/upload/; protocol=HTTP/1.1; header=a
Dictionary('connect...etc...
urlStream: a HVUrlStream
urlOriginalPosition: 0
formatter: nil

--- The full stack ---
SMUploadFileAction(Object)>>error:
SMUploadFileAction>>go
SMUploadFileAction(SMRemoteAction)>>response
SMSqueakMapView>>upload
SMSqueakMapView(HVTransientView)>>dispatchOn:
SMSqueakMapView(HVTransientView)>>dispatch
[] in SMRootView(HVRootView)>>process: {[^ view dispatch
asHttpResponseTo: request]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
SMRootView(HVRootView)>>process:
[] in SMRootView(HVRootView)>>startOn:mode: {[:request | self process: request]}
BlockContext>>processHttp
[] in ModSession(ComancheModule)>>processSubModules {[:module |
module processHttp   ifTrue: [^ true].  nil]}
OrderedCollection>>do:
ModSession(ComancheModule)>>subModulesDo:
ModSession(ComancheModule)>>processSubModules
ModSession>>processHttp
[] in ModCore(ComancheModule)>>processSubModules {[:module |  module
processHttp   ifTrue: [^ true].  nil]}
OrderedCollection>>do:
ModCore(ComancheModule)>>subModulesDo:
ModCore(ComancheModule)>>processSubModules
ModCore>>processHttp
ModCore(ComancheModule)>>processHttpRequest:
HttpService>>processHttpRequest:
[] in HttpAdaptor>>dispatchRequest: {[self class current: self.
HttpRequest current: request.  self target proce...]}
HttpService>>handleDispatchErrorsIn:
HttpAdaptor>>dispatchRequest:
[] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation {[response := self
dispatchRequest: request.  self   addConnectionHeaders: re...]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindings:
BindingsAccessor>>clamp:
[] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation {[Bindings   clamp: [response :=
self dispatchRequest: request.    self     a...]}
BlockContext>>ifCurtailed:
HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
HttpAdaptor class>>readAndWriteTo:service:
HttpAdaptor class>>readAndWriteToSocket:service:
HttpService>>serve:
[] in HttpService(TcpService)>>value: {[self serve: aSocket]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindings:
BindingsAccessor>>clamp:
[] in BlockContext>>newProcessWithClampedBindings: {[Bindings clamp: self]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockContext>>valueWithBindings:
[] in BlockContext>>newProcessWithBindings: {[self valueWithBindings:
dynamicBindings]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 13/05/2015 17:31, Chris Muller a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Stéphane, I checked the server earlier and everything seems to be
>> running fine.  Now I just did a test upload from the web page and it
>> worked fine.
>>
>> How large is the file that you're trying to upload?
>

> 3 Mb; my connexion is very slow though.
>
> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Chris Muller-4
Now I just tried a test upload of SqueakV3.sources, a 14M file and the
browser reported this error:

413 Request Entity Too Large

________________________________
nginx

Next, I tried a smaller one, 3.8MB, and got the same error.

So,  I'm wondering the same is happening to you but your browser
responds differently to that error than chrome?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 13/05/2015 17:31, Chris Muller a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Stéphane, I checked the server earlier and everything seems to be
>> running fine.  Now I just did a test upload from the web page and it
>> worked fine.
>>
>> How large is the file that you're trying to upload?
>

> 3 Mb; my connexion is very slow though.
>
> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Levente Uzonyi-2
The upload limit was less than 3 MB. It should work now, so please try
again.

Levente

On Thu, 14 May 2015, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:

> Le 13/05/2015 17:31, Chris Muller a écrit :
>> Hi Stéphane, I checked the server earlier and everything seems to be
>> running fine.  Now I just did a test upload from the web page and it
>> worked fine.
>>
>> How large is the file that you're trying to upload?
>
> 3 Mb; my connexion is very slow though.
>
> Stef

Re: Can't upload to SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin
Le 15/05/2015 20:56, Levente Uzonyi a écrit :
> The upload limit was less than 3 MB. It should work now, so please try
> again.
>
> Levente

Yes, it works now. Thanks !

Stef