Can we deprecate PasteUpMorph>>#findA<Tool> in favor of "SystemWindow reuseWindows"?

1 message Options

Can we deprecate PasteUpMorph>>#findA<Tool> in favor of "SystemWindow reuseWindows"?

Christoph Thiede

Hi all,

I think the entire question is in the title. PasteUpMorph is a very overloaded class and I do not really see the added value of the selectors #findAFileList:, #findATranscript:, etc.. The only one I could figure out is performance, but we could also speed up SystemWindow >> #openInWorld:[extent:] (ouch, duplication!) instead.

Wdyt? :-)

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!