Cannot get rid of a trait from classes - help!

Cannot get rid of a trait from classes - help!

Sophie424
I have some classes that initially used a trait MyTrait. Then I deleted the
trait (figured I could do it better without in this case). Now those classes
show up as:
    Object subclass: #MyClass
        uses: AnObsoleteMyTrait
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'cat'

And if I delete the "uses:..." line and try to accept, it just reverts back
to the "AnObsoleteTrait" version.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks - Sophie

Re: Cannot get rid of a trait from classes - help!

Andreas.Raab
You need to compile this as:

Object subclass: #MyClass
        uses: {}
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'cat'

(e.g., it needs an empty uses: clause instead of an absent one)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

itsme213 wrote:

> I have some classes that initially used a trait MyTrait. Then I deleted the
> trait (figured I could do it better without in this case). Now those classes
> show up as:
>     Object subclass: #MyClass
>         uses: AnObsoleteMyTrait
>         instanceVariableNames: ''
>         classVariableNames: ''
>         poolDictionaries: ''
>         category: 'cat'
>
> And if I delete the "uses:..." line and try to accept, it just reverts back
> to the "AnObsoleteTrait" version.
>
> Any suggestions welcome!
>
> Thanks - Sophie

Re: Cannot get rid of a trait from classes - help!

Sophie424
Thanks, Andreas.

news:[hidden email]...