Cannot resolve a package

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. I am too dumb to find a problem. To reproduce:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MarianoPhD';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfMarea';
load.

(ConfigurationOfMarea project version: #bleedingEdge) load.

Basically, it is what you can see in the Transcript:

-------
Loaded -> ProxiesPreLoad-MarianoMartinezPeck.1 --- http://www.squeaksource.com/Marea --- cache
...RETRY->Proxies
...RETRY->Proxies
...FAILED->Proxies
-----

But the package Proxies DOES exist in http://www.squeaksource.com/Marea

Just in case I run:  (MetacelloToolBox validateConfiguration: ConfigurationOfMarea) explore.

but I didn't find anything important for this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Cannot resolve a package

Dale Henrichs
Mariano,

You have been hit by the duplicate UUID bug that Philippe ran into last week (or so). After poking around a bit it turns out that the two packages:

  Proxies-MarianoMartinezPeck.246.mcz
  MareaTests-MarianoMartinezPeck.1.mcz

have the same UUID:

 caf00200-1007-401f-18ec-0e0080f65c1f

Metacello is using a MCDictionary repository and since the keys compare equal for those two packages only one of them can be in the dictionary.

The solution is to patch your image/vm? and commit a new version of the packages with duplicate UUIDs.

A signature of this particular bug is that you get a RETRY failure while LOADING the package ... if the package wasn't in the repository in the first place you'd get a RETRY failure while FETCHING the package.

Dale