Change component on initialRequest:

Dave
Hi guys,
I'm trying to display a specific component when a user go to a specific url (sort of bookmarkable url).
I wanted to call a component in the initialRequest but looking at WAPresenter>>initialRequest: it says: "You can not use #call: in here. Consider using a WATask instead and sending #call: in #go."

but it's not really clear to me how to use a task, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Dave

Re: Change component on initialRequest:

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
I do not use Seaside tasks.

What I do is render a MainComponent without using #call: and teach that guy how to do things

If you do that, you can take the initial request and somehow make your app what this MainComponent should do

helps?

sebastian@flowingconcept.com wrote
I do not use Seaside tasks.

What I do is render a MainComponent without using #call: and teach that guy how to do things

If you do that, you can take the initial request and somehow make your app what this MainComponent should do

helps?
Hi Sebastian,
 So I guess in your MainComponent you have a logic like... aCondition ifTrue:[self renderThis] ifFalse:[self renderThat]
Right?

That's fine, even if I would have liked to use components.
Thanks
 Dave