Changing Gemstone Timezone

keropotter
Hi!!

Could anybody tell me how to change gemstone's timezone? We're running 4 hours behind the actual time and as our application records the time for certain events, we need to fix this.

I haven't been able to find this configuration item. Maybe it's simpler than i think!!

Thanks in advance!
Alejandro

Re: Changing Gemstone Timezone

James Foster-8
Hi Alejandro,

Do you have access to any of the documentation? It is available at http://community.gemstone.com/display/GSS64/GemStoneS+64+Documentation. In the Install Guide do a search for 'timezone'. This will bring you to the following:

'GemStone/S 64 Bit is shipped with a default time zone of US Pacific. If you are in another Time Zone, edit the file installtimezone.txt in the GemStone upgrade directory, then file it in as SystemUser.'

James

On May 11, 2012, at 11:18 AM, keropotter wrote:

> Hi!!
>
> Could anybody tell me how to change gemstone's timezone? We're running 4
> hours behind the actual time and as our application records the time for
> certain events, we need to fix this.
>
> I haven't been able to find this configuration item. Maybe it's simpler than
> i think!!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Alejandro

Re: Changing Gemstone Timezone

James Foster-8
The System Administration Guide has a lot of useful information as well.

On May 11, 2012, at 11:23 AM, James Foster wrote:

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> Do you have access to any of the documentation? It is available at http://community.gemstone.com/display/GSS64/GemStoneS+64+Documentation. In the Install Guide do a search for 'timezone'. This will bring you to the following:
>
> 'GemStone/S 64 Bit is shipped with a default time zone of US Pacific. If you are in another Time Zone, edit the file installtimezone.txt in the GemStone upgrade directory, then file it in as SystemUser.'
>
> James
>
> On May 11, 2012, at 11:18 AM, keropotter wrote:
>
>> Hi!!
>>
>> Could anybody tell me how to change gemstone's timezone? We're running 4
>> hours behind the actual time and as our application records the time for
>> certain events, we need to fix this.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find this configuration item. Maybe it's simpler than
>> i think!!
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Alejandro

Re: Changing Gemstone Timezone

keropotter
So silly of me... thank you very much James!! I'm checking the documentation now and got my timezone name alright. =)

Cheers!!
Alejandro

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM, James Foster-8 [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The System Administration Guide has a lot of useful information as well.

On May 11, 2012, at 11:23 AM, James Foster wrote:

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> Do you have access to any of the documentation? It is available at http://community.gemstone.com/display/GSS64/GemStoneS+64+Documentation. In the Install Guide do a search for 'timezone'. This will bring you to the following:
>
> 'GemStone/S 64 Bit is shipped with a default time zone of US Pacific. If you are in another Time Zone, edit the file installtimezone.txt in the GemStone upgrade directory, then file it in as SystemUser.'
>
> James
>
> On May 11, 2012, at 11:18 AM, keropotter wrote:
>
>> Hi!!
>>
>> Could anybody tell me how to change gemstone's timezone? We're running 4
>> hours behind the actual time and as our application records the time for
>> certain events, we need to fix this.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find this configuration item. Maybe it's simpler than
>> i think!!
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Alejandro
>>
>> --

http://forum.world.st/Changing-Gemstone-Timezone-tp4627213p4627233.html
To unsubscribe from Changing Gemstone Timezone, click here.
NAML