[Character/String] Sperator...

Mathieu SUEN
Hi,

I have some simple questions:

I want to test if a String is a """line feed"""
So what is the good way of doing it?
Or how do you do it?

I personlly do

aString = String lf or: [aString = String cr]

Is there some more special stuff to test?
I have seen Character newPage, what is it?

I know that in windows we have cr+lf, grrrr....

Thanks
        Math

Re: [Character/String] Sperator...

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Mathieu,

on Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:12:19 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some simple questions:
>
> I want to test if a String is a """line feed"""
> So what is the good way of doing it?
> Or how do you do it?
>
> I personlly do
>
> aString = String lf or: [aString = String cr]

Okay this answers correct even if aString is empty.

> Is there some more special stuff to test?
> I have seen Character newPage, what is it?

  (aString indexOf: Character cr) > 0 "or = 1"
  (aString indexOf: Character lf) > 0 "or = 1"

These are alternatives and #= in your solution must loop through the chars
of aString anyways.

/Klaus

> I know that in windows we have cr+lf, grrrr....
>
> Thanks
> Math

Re: Re: [Character/String] Sperator...

Mathieu SUEN
Klaus D. Witzel a écrit :

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> on Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:12:19 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some simple questions:
>>
>> I want to test if a String is a """line feed"""
>> So what is the good way of doing it?
>> Or how do you do it?
>>
>> I personlly do
>>
>> aString = String lf or: [aString = String cr]
>
> Okay this answers correct even if aString is empty.
>
>> Is there some more special stuff to test?
>> I have seen Character newPage, what is it?
>
>  (aString indexOf: Character cr) > 0 "or = 1"
>  (aString indexOf: Character lf) > 0 "or = 1"
>
> These are alternatives and #= in your solution must loop through the
> chars of aString anyways.

Thanks Klaus I think your solution is better beceause [#= loop through chars] are not really intuitive.