Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CharacterScanner and the space stopCondition

Nicolas Cellier
I have recently promoted a uniform handling of space in DefaultStopConditions.
After thoughts, and after removing some cruft, I see a bit clearer: this is a wrong decision.
Indeed, there is no special handling required in any CharacterScanner but the CompositionScanner.
The consequence of adding this stopCondition is that we stop the inner scan loop more often that required, at each word rather than at each line for uniform text attributes.
This is bad for slow machine and goes against the goal of tim to have a faster and cheaper scan loop.
So I will retract.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CharacterScanner and the space stopCondition

Nicolas Cellier
Well, except as you probably saw in the diffs, that destX := destX + kern, was omitted in space...
Since it no more is when we remove space, then composition space must be changed too...

2013/10/5 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
I have recently promoted a uniform handling of space in DefaultStopConditions.
After thoughts, and after removing some cruft, I see a bit clearer: this is a wrong decision.
Indeed, there is no special handling required in any CharacterScanner but the CompositionScanner.
The consequence of adding this stopCondition is that we stop the inner scan loop more often that required, at each word rather than at each line for uniform text attributes.
This is bad for slow machine and goes against the goal of tim to have a faster and cheaper scan loop.
So I will retract.