Charting in Seaside

Esteban A. Maringolo
Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?

I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
had something already built.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

Dave
Esteban
I'm using Google image charts even if they are deprecated. They are very simple to use, see this message and full thread:
http://forum.world.st/JavaScript-charting-td4692052.html#a4692120

Here you can find all formats:
https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/data_formats

Cheers
 Dave

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?

I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
had something already built.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

Maximiliano Tabacman
Highcharts is an excellent charting framework for any web application.

You can check our port for Pharo at:

Although it is still in the early steps of development, it already includes some examples that give an idea on how to use it.
I suppose we will announce it once we are comfortable with the features offered, but you are all of course welcome to see what we have so far.

Lic. Maximiliano Tabacman
Desarrollo y Tecnología
Mercap
Tel: +54 (011) 4878-1116 al 19
http://www.mercapsoftware.com
This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system; also you shouldn't copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.

On 7 March 2014 07:20, Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
Esteban
I'm using Google image charts even if they are deprecated. They are very
simple to use, see this message and full thread:
http://forum.world.st/JavaScript-charting-td4692052.html#a4692120

Here you can find all formats:
https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/data_formats

Cheers
 Dave

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
> Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?
>
> I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
> had something already built.
>
> Regards,
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

Esteban A. Maringolo
Thanks people,

I know about Highcharts, it is probably the best charting library out there, but I don't need all the features it provides. Also I want to build on top of free AND open source software.

Looking at the thread referenced by Dave, I found Rickshaw could be useful. If not, jqPlot is an alternative.

There are some cool visualizations on top of D3.js, but that's a different story :)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Highcharts is an excellent charting framework for any web application.

You can check our port for Pharo at:

Although it is still in the early steps of development, it already includes some examples that give an idea on how to use it.
I suppose we will announce it once we are comfortable with the features offered, but you are all of course welcome to see what we have so far.

Lic. Maximiliano Tabacman
Desarrollo y Tecnología
Mercap
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B54%20%28011%29%204878-1116" value="+541148781116" target="_blank">+54 (011) 4878-1116 al 19
http://www.mercapsoftware.com
This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system; also you shouldn't copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.

On 7 March 2014 07:20, Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
Esteban
I'm using Google image charts even if they are deprecated. They are very
simple to use, see this message and full thread:
http://forum.world.st/JavaScript-charting-td4692052.html#a4692120

Here you can find all formats:
https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/data_formats

Cheers
 Dave

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
> Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?
>
> I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
> had something already built.
>
> Regards,
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

Esteban A. Maringolo
I found Morris.js to be a useful, and simple to configure only by JSON, charting tool to create bar, line and donut charts.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Thanks people,

I know about Highcharts, it is probably the best charting library out there, but I don't need all the features it provides. Also I want to build on top of free AND open source software.

Looking at the thread referenced by Dave, I found Rickshaw could be useful. If not, jqPlot is an alternative.

There are some cool visualizations on top of D3.js, but that's a different story :)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Highcharts is an excellent charting framework for any web application.

You can check our port for Pharo at:

Although it is still in the early steps of development, it already includes some examples that give an idea on how to use it.
I suppose we will announce it once we are comfortable with the features offered, but you are all of course welcome to see what we have so far.

Lic. Maximiliano Tabacman
Desarrollo y Tecnología
Mercap
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B54%20%28011%29%204878-1116" value="+541148781116" target="_blank">+54 (011) 4878-1116 al 19
http://www.mercapsoftware.com
This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system; also you shouldn't copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.

On 7 March 2014 07:20, Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
Esteban
I'm using Google image charts even if they are deprecated. They are very
simple to use, see this message and full thread:
http://forum.world.st/JavaScript-charting-td4692052.html#a4692120

Here you can find all formats:
https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/data_formats

Cheers
 Dave

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
> Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?
>
> I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
> had something already built.
>
> Regards,
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
cool, I might use it

On Mar 7, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Morris.js

Re: Charting in Seaside

JupiterJones
Hi Esteban,

I know it’s not the latest and greatest, but check out InfoVis:

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hkleinsorgen/InfoVis

It’s worked for me for a long time and handles many of the basic charts as well as a few other cool things.

It wraps http://thejit.org

Cheers,

Jupiter

On 7 Mar 2014, at 11:33 am, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?
>
> I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
> had something already built.
>
> Regards,
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

lanvin.kevin
Hello !
This framework looks great but the Examples package is empty so it's a little bit hard to guess how I should use it.
Can you show us some examples of what you did ?

Thank you ,

Kevin

> Message du 10/03/14 04:06

> De : "Jupiter Jones"
> A : "Seaside - general discussion"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [Seaside] Charting in Seaside
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I know it’s not the latest and greatest, but check out InfoVis:
>
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hkleinsorgen/InfoVis
>
> It’s worked for me for a long time and handles many of the basic charts as well as a few other cool things.
>
> It wraps http://thejit.org
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jupiter
>
> On 7 Mar 2014, at 11:33 am, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
>
> > Do we have a charting solution for Seaside?
> >
> > I need to plot a few line series and bar series, and I wondered if we
> > had something already built.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Charting in Seaside

Holger Kleinsorgen
InfoVis-Examples-hkl.11 was broken (empty categories), and I think the configuration still loads it. Loading version 12 *should* fix it, but I'm not sure.
I migrated the packages a while ago from SqueakSource, and they were originally cross-published from VisualWorks, so there are more than enough sources of errors ;)

lanvin.kevin wrote
Hello !
This framework looks great but the Examples package is empty so it's a little bit hard to guess how I should use it.
Can you show us some examples of what you did ?

Re: Charting in Seaside

AlexanderColt
You can try Google free chart charting library.

Re: Charting in Seaside

AlexanderColt
You can also check koolchart charting library.