ClockMorph?

radouane el marjani
Hi,
I have a little problem, I want to change the time by a "ClockMorph"
Instance, I have searched a Methode in Squeak Categorie
ClockMorph, which makes that, but I didn't find. for exemple of this
way:" I get the contents of my clockMoprh, then I set these contents
with the time that I want", is there a methode that make that, or I must
writte it self.

|b|
a := ClockMorph new.
a showSeconds:false.
b:=a getCharacters.
a setCharacters:b with:'19:23'.---------------I want to have a Methode
like that....so I can change the time.------
a openInWorld.

Thanks all for Help, Thanks Edgar.

Radouane.

http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: ClockMorph?

Tom Phoenix
On 6/5/06, radouane el marjani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to change the time by a "ClockMorph"

A ClockMorph displays the current system time. Do you mean to say that
you want to change your system's idea of the time? That's probably not
advisable, even if it's possible.

But I think you're wanting to make your own "clock" that could be set
to any time you'd like, perhaps? You probably want to make your own
object, similar to a ClockMorph, but which displays your chosen time
instead of the system time. It may be useful to make an underlying
model object which tracks the time, which a separate (Morph-descended)
object simply displays, and perhaps changes.

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix

Re: ClockMorph?

Duncan Mak-2
On 6/5/06, radouane el marjani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have a little problem, I want to change the time by a "ClockMorph"
Instance, I have searched a Methode in Squeak Categorie
ClockMorph, which makes that, but I didn't find. for exemple of this
way:" I get the contents of my clockMoprh, then I set these contents
with the time that I want", is there a methode that make that, or I must
writte it self.

You can see how ClockMorph gets its content from the ClockMorph>>step method. Right now, it's hard-coded to use 'Time now'.

You could get the functionality you want by adding a new instance variable, 'time', and a new method 'time:' that'll set the variable.

Remember to set it to Time now in ClockMorph>>initialize too.

Duncan.

Re: ClockMorph?

Duncan Mak-2
On 6/5/06, Duncan Mak <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can see how ClockMorph gets its content from the ClockMorph>>step method. Right now, it's hard-coded to use 'Time now'.

You could get the functionality you want by adding a new instance variable, 'time', and a new method 'time:' that'll set the variable.

Remember to set it to Time now in ClockMorph>>initialize too.

Come to think of it, this will only work if you use blocks, because everytime step is called, a new Time needs to be calculated.

Duncan.

Re: ClockMorph?

Edgar J. De Cleene
radouane el marjani puso en su mail :

> Hi,
> Thanks for your answer, I have thinking the same. I will try another
> way, I think.
>
> Radouane
I see someone on list suggest you do a subclass of StringMorph for doing
what you wish.
You could add in class side
authoringPrototype: aString
    ^ super authoringPrototype contents: (Time fromString: aString)
printString

And in step you could explore Stopwatch class for see if you could combine
and have some

StringMorph subclass: #DiferentClockMorph
    instanceVariableNames: 'showSeconds show24hr'
    classVariableNames: ''
    poolDictionaries: ''
    category: 'MorphicExtras-Demo'

What you copy from ClockMorph and could suit your taste.

Could explain some more what you wish do ?

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar