Closing button deactivated

Damien Cassou-3

Hi,

after having compiled squeak-vm for Unix from Svn, the closing button
of the squeak window does nothing at all. I wonder if it is related to
the problem with -Werror and the useless function declaration.

Bye

Damien Cassou

Re: Closing button deactivated

Bert Freudenberg

On Oct 11, 2007, at 14:27 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after having compiled squeak-vm for Unix from Svn, the closing button
> of the squeak window does nothing at all. I wonder if it is related to
> the problem with -Werror and the useless function declaration.

No, this actually desired behavior. Instead of just killing Squeak,
the close button now sends an event to the image which can show a
proper quit dialog. The OLPC image does that:

http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1574WindowEvents-JMM-bf.cs

- Bert -

Re: Closing button deactivated

Damien Cassou-3

But currently, nothing happens. If an image fix is needed, it's time
to do it before 3.10 release.

Damien Cassou

Re: Closing button deactivated

Bert Freudenberg

Yes.

- Bert -

On Oct 12, 2007, at 7:35 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> But currently, nothing happens. If an image fix is needed, it's time
> to do it before 3.10 release.
>
> 2007/10/11, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> On Oct 11, 2007, at 14:27 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after having compiled squeak-vm for Unix from Svn, the closing
>>> button
>>> of the squeak window does nothing at all. I wonder if it is
>>> related to
>>> the problem with -Werror and the useless function declaration.
>>
>> No, this actually desired behavior. Instead of just killing Squeak,
>> the close button now sends an event to the image which can show a
>> proper quit dialog. The OLPC image does that:
>>
>> http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1574WindowEvents-JMM-bf.cs
>>
>> - Bert -

Re: Closing button deactivated

Damien Cassou-3

Have you submitted a bug report on mantis ?

Damien Cassou

Re: Closing button deactivated

Bert Freudenberg

No.