Cloud IDE

Geert Claes
Administrator
I just thought I'd quickly share this Scoble interview with the guys of Cloud9:
http://scobleizer.com/2011/03/10/developers-a-new-kind-of-ide-arrives-in-cloud9/

I posted something about Cloud9 earlier this month http://forum.world.st/Heroku-Cloud9-tc3331326.html but it didn't make it to this forum for some reason.  What is the feeling about a Smalltalk based IDE in the Iliad camp?

Re: Cloud IDE

ZuLuuuuuu
Janko Mivšek wrote
Iliad guys are preparing the surprise on IDE front, hopefully useful for
us to :)
I got excited all of a sudden :)
Canol Gökel

Re: Cloud IDE

Geert Claes
Administrator
ZuLuuuuuu wrote
Janko Mivšek wrote
Iliad guys are preparing the surprise on IDE front, hopefully useful for
us to :)
I got excited all of a sudden :)
I know ... they are working on an ESUG sponsored project for a new SqueakSource and apparently they'll be able to release something in a couple of weeks, not sure if this will include the IDE thing Janko mentioned :)

Re: Cloud IDE

Geert Claes
Administrator
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Cloud IDE

Nicolas Petton
Hi guys,

Yes, at ObjectFusion we are working with ESUG on a Squeaksource replacement called SmalltalkHub.

We are also working on a Smalltalk environment named Jtalk, including an IDE, that runs on the JavaScript runtime.
This Smalltalk includes the following features:

- it is written in itself and it is self contained.
- Pharo Smalltalk is considered as the reference implementation
- Everything is written in Smalttalk, including the Compiler and Parser
- It is compatible with the Squeak/Pharo chunk format.
- It compiles into very efficient JavaScript code

Jtalk is already a working Smalltalk environment, with a class browser, workspace and transcript. It includes an API to write HTML, and the WIdget class from Iliad. We also have jQuery bindings.

I hope I'll be able to release it next week, but I don't know yet how (or if) it will have an impact on Iliad.

Cheers,
Nico
I know ... they are working on an ESUG sponsored project for a new SqueakSource and apparently they'll be able to release something in a couple of weeks, not sure if this will include the IDE thing Janko mentioned :)

Re: Cloud IDE

Geert Claes
Administrator
Great stuff Nico!!