Cmake

Torsten Bergmann

I know how to build standard Vm from Squeakvm.org,
I'm also able to compile Eliots Cog from the same
SVN.

But what if I want to go the "new" CMake way?
Where to start? Where are the files? Do I need git?
Is cmake for win32 ready?

Is there a short summary on the cmake work (state,
where to start)? Or is the mess even worse than before?

Thx
T.

Re: Cmake

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

I know how to build standard Vm from Squeakvm.org,
I'm also able to compile Eliots Cog from the same
SVN.

But what if I want to go the "new" CMake way?
Where to start? Where are the files? Do I need git?
Is cmake for win32 ready?

can you wait a couple of days (2 or 3) ?  I am writing right now a blog post about that.

Is there a short summary on the cmake work (state,
where to start)? Or is the mess even worse than before?

It is much better from my point of view. If you can wait my post, I hope I will make things clear.

Thx
T.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Cmake

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On 07.04.2011 11:37, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> I know how to build standard Vm from Squeakvm.org,
> I'm also able to compile Eliots Cog from the same
> SVN.
>
> But what if I want to go the "new" CMake way?
> Where to start? Where are the files? Do I need git?
> Is cmake for win32 ready?
>
> Is there a short summary on the cmake work (state,
> where to start)? Or is the mess even worse than before?
>
> Thx
> T.

AFAIK:
 From the Cog svn branch/it's mirrored git repository.
- platform sources
 From VMMaker monticello repository.
- make files generated by CMakeVMMaker
  - vm src generated from VMMaker-oscog

Can't see any hudson jobs for Windows VM's, so doubt Igor has them
finished yet.
There are configs for it in CMakeVMMaker though, so I guess you have to try.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Cmake

Igor Stasenko

On 7 April 2011 12:05, Henrik Sperre Johansen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07.04.2011 11:37, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> I know how to build standard Vm from Squeakvm.org,
>> I'm also able to compile Eliots Cog from the same
>> SVN.
>>
>> But what if I want to go the "new" CMake way?
>> Where to start? Where are the files? Do I need git?
>> Is cmake for win32 ready?
>>
>> Is there a short summary on the cmake work (state,
>> where to start)? Or is the mess even worse than before?
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>>
> AFAIK:
> From the Cog svn branch/it's mirrored git repository.
> - platform sources
> From VMMaker monticello repository.
> - make files generated by CMakeVMMaker
>  - vm src generated from VMMaker-oscog
>
> Can't see any hudson jobs for Windows VM's, so doubt Igor has them finished
> yet.

the problem right now that i cannot access these servers (need to wait
till admins will fix/open ports/passwords/routes etc etc), but they
already there,
so i will start configuring them once i will get access to them :)

> There are configs for it in CMakeVMMaker though, so I guess you have to try.

yes, they are there and working.
I built Cog VMs using these configs on my windows installation.

Check the root class for all windows configs, in comment i documented
what you need to install on windoze to prepare build environment.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.