Cmake

Torsten Bergmann

>can you wait a couple of days (2 or 3) ?

No ;)

OK, looks like I need git. Just found http://gitorious.org/+squeak-vm-developers

And I read
http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg37157.html

Will start from here.

Mariano: I like that you blog about it ... but blog posts get
easily out of context or are outdated over time. What I was
looking for was a "maintained" howto guide for the new cmake/
gitorious stuff (even when it is just a few lines in a readme.

Unfortunately the README on gitorious is just a clone of Elits
README...

What I understand so far:
- Igor moved a copy of SVN to gitorious
- official VMs are still maintained in squeakvm.org SVN repo
  by the usual maintainers
- CMake is only available in Igors fork, is it?

I'm mostly interested on the Win32 VM since I use Squeak/Pharo
there. So another question would be what is the state of
CMake to build the win VM?

And I still dont understand if and how changes transferred
between SVN<->GIT

Bye
T.

Re: Cmake

Igor Stasenko

On 7 April 2011 12:13, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>can you wait a couple of days (2 or 3) ?
>
> No ;)
>
> OK, looks like I need git. Just found http://gitorious.org/+squeak-vm-developers
>
> And I read
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg37157.html
>
> Will start from here.
>
> Mariano: I like that you blog about it ... but blog posts get
> easily out of context or are outdated over time. What I was
> looking for was a "maintained" howto guide for the new cmake/
> gitorious stuff (even when it is just a few lines in a readme.
>
> Unfortunately the README on gitorious is just a clone of Elits
> README...

Check out the:

http://code.google.com/p/cog/wiki/CMakeVMMaker
and

http://code.google.com/p/cog/wiki/AutomatedBuilds

i hope its easy to follow.

So, what you need to do if you wanna use own clone is to register at
gitorious and clone existing repository (like blessed one),
and then clone this remote clone to your own machine.

Then download a fresh image , which you gonna use for vmmaker, and run
LoadVMMaker.st in it, which will load
vmmaker and all dependencies to image.

And then you ready to work.

> What I understand so far:
> - Igor moved a copy of SVN to gitorious
> - official VMs are still maintained in squeakvm.org SVN repo
>  by the usual maintainers
> - CMake is only available in Igors fork, is it?

recently, we pushed changes needed for cmake to blessed repo as well.

> I'm mostly interested on the Win32 VM since I use Squeak/Pharo
> there. So another question would be what is the state of
> CMake to build the win VM?

it works.

> And I still dont understand if and how changes transferred
> between SVN<->GIT

That's easy. periodically i doing:

git svn rebase

and git imports & merges new svn commits to git repo..

if you issue 'git log' in your local clone directory, you can see commits like:

commit d45a620f6c0f9d1b7d3d3c5ebbc8f5098dccf40d
Author: eliot <eliot@fa1542d4-bde8-0310-ad64-8ed1123d492a>
Date:   Fri Apr 1 20:00:15 2011 +0000

    Get my upload script to force me to write a readme.

    git-svn-id: http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog@2378
fa1542d4-bde8-0310-ad64-8ed1123d492a
-----

which is a log entry for commit imported from svn

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.