Colin Putney is running for the 2013 board

Colin Putney is running for the 2013 board

Colin Putney-3
Hi all,

To be honest, 2012 wasn't a good year for me as a SOB member. I wanted to organize a Squeak mini-conference, but that didn't happen. I tried to get Joyent to sponsor our web hosting, but that didn't work out. I thought I had SoftLayer lined up to sponsor us, but that deal fell through too.

And yet, 2012 was a good year for Squeak. The SFC got us free hosting from Gandi.net, and we're in the process of moving all our services there. We've got a shiny new build server for producing development and release images. Squeak 4.4 is done and 4.5 is under way.

Lastly, and most importantly, I feel the community has more energy and direction now than it's had in a while. The future looks bright, and I want to be a part of it. This year, I'll focus on making more concrete contributions, and work towards a solid 4.5 release.

Colin