Collecting Alan Kay's knowledge

1 message Options

Collecting Alan Kay's knowledge

Mark Miller
I've had the same sense of urgency as John Maxwell expressed, from time to time, that I wish Alan Kay would "collect his knowledge" as it were in some "volumes" that people could read comprehensively, rather than getting smatters of insight from him. However, Kay has set up a reading list at http://www.squeakland.org/sqmedia/books/book_list.html related to Squeak. It's pretty extensive. It covers all sorts of subjects, including computing and education. I've gotten into a few of the books in the list so far, and I've found each of them to be of good quality, and to be quite insightful in and of themselves.

---Mark