Commercial Application written in Squeak

Commercial Application written in Squeak

Tarek Demiati

Is it possible to  deploy as a standalone  (commercial) application application written in Squeak across a different platform (MAC, PC, Linux, PocketPC)

Best Regards from France,
A new commer in the Squeak World!

Tarek Demiati

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

stéphane ducasse-2

> Is it possible to  deploy as a standalone  (commercial) application
> application written in Squeak across a different platform (MAC, PC,
> Linux,
> PocketPC)
>
> Best Regards from France,
> A new commer in the Squeak World!

Oui :)

Basically you distribute the same image with different VM (not sure
for Pocket PC)

il y a une mailing list pour les frenchs :)

> Tarek Demiati

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Tarek Demiati <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to  deploy as a standalone  (commercial) application
> application written in Squeak across a different platform (MAC, PC, Linux,
> PocketPC)
>
> Best Regards from France,
> A new commer in the Squeak World!
>
> Tarek Demiati

Welcome! :)

In short as Stephane said: yes.

But what aspects are you wondering about? Technical challenge?
Licensing? Level of "cross platformness"?

The license of Squeak is for *most* practical reasons open source "as
in" MIT/BSD. You can build a commercial product and sell it or whatever.

And Squeak is very cross platform, even though the PocketPC platform of
course puts a different set of constraints on the performance and visual
appearance of the app.

regards, Göran

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

Serge Stinckwich-4

http://dabbledb.com/ is a Squeak commercial application.

> Best Regards from France,

If you are in France, you can join the french mailing list here :

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

keith1y
Has anyone mentioned PLOPP. I bought a copy just for the fun of it. Cant
wait for an English version!

Keith

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

Enrico Schwass
Hi

> Has anyone mentioned PLOPP. I bought a copy just for the fun of it. Cant
> wait for an English version!

THE german computer magazine c't wrote about PLOPP at page 218 this
month. Squeak isnt mentioned but its a good example for doing commercial
apps with Squeak. I bought a copy just for fun, too. Its a good present.

bye
Enno

On 11 août 06, at 13:49, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Has anyone mentioned PLOPP. I bought a copy just for the fun of it.
> Cant wait for an English version!

my kids love it.

Stef

> Keith
>

> ___________________________________________________________ Inbox
> full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All
> New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: Commercial Application written in Squeak

keith1y
On 11 août 06, at 13:49, Keith Hodges wrote:

>> Has anyone mentioned PLOPP. I bought a copy just for the fun of it.
>> Cant wait for an English version!
>
> my kids love it.
>
> Stef
>>
>> Keith
I am a carer, I bought Plopp on a pretext that my caree needed a
birthday present. Only problem is, I am not allowed to get my hands on it.

Keith.