CompiledMethod trailer

Ang BeePeng
Hi.

I saw a "trailer" section described in CompiledMethod class comment. I haven't see it in the bluebook. Why do we need it, what is practical usage of trailer?

Thanks.

Ang Beepeng

Re: [squeak-dev] CompiledMethod trailer

Bert Freudenberg

On 06.08.2009, at 16:07, Ang Beepeng wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I saw a "trailer" section described in CompiledMethod class comment. I
> haven't see it in the bluebook. Why do we need it, what is practical
> usage
> of trailer?

It stores the source pointer.

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] CompiledMethod trailer

Eliot Miranda-2

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 06.08.2009, at 16:07, Ang Beepeng wrote:

Hi.

I saw a "trailer" section described in CompiledMethod class comment. I
haven't see it in the bluebook. Why do we need it, what is practical usage
of trailer?

It stores the source pointer.

and also the names of any temporaries in compressed form if one discards the sources.

Eliot

- Bert -