Compiling the windows 32 bits vm

12

Re: Compiling the windows 32 bits vm

Ben Coman

On 9 April 2018 at 06:23, Cyril Ferlicot D <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 08/04/2018 à 12:27, Nicolai Hess a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Cyril, I am so happy some one got this working (I have the
>> impression, esteban is the only one who can build a windows vm :( )
>>

> I am working on a PR to help with the cygwin installation:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/242

Great work Cyril.  I'm trying to build the VM on Windows for the first time
and after the fourth time I had to restart the Cygwin's "setup-x86.exe"
to install one-more-package-again I was lucky enough to discover your PR**.
After manually extracting your "scripts/ci/installCygwin.bat" from it
and running that
   "cd build.win32x86/pharo.cog.spur; ./mvm" worked like a dream and
an hour later the compile completed successfully.

I think I may have given up if not for your script.

However mvm doesn't seem to have created the "products" folder I'm
used to seeing in a Linux build.
And running pharo.exe direct from build.win32x86\pharo.cog.spur\builddbg\vm
reports many missing plugins (which I guess is expected)
Is there something more to do after "./mvm" ?

cheers -ben

**P.S.
Unfortunately this PR https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/242
hasn't seen any action for two months.
Could an admin give the PR a bump to see if the CI error was transitory?

Also it seems like bit rot has set in since it currently it says
"Conflicting files:  .appveyor.yml"
12