Composite fill styles in action (or what to do when you bored).

Composite fill styles in action (or what to do when you bored).

Igor Stasenko
Just do following script in latest squeak-dev image with UI
enhancements installed.

World fillStyle: (
CompositeFillStyle fillStyles: {
        BitmapFillStyle fromForm: (
        (Form extent: 1@2 depth: 32) colorAt: 0@0 put: (Color transparent) ;
colorAt: 0@1 put: (Color gray)).
        World fillStyle.
})

2 Gary Chambers: quite confused why style listed last drawn first?
As for me it is more logical to fill in order of appearance in code,
not in reverse..
or i missing something?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

RE: Composite fill styles in action (or what to do when you bored).

Gary Chambers-4
For the order, I think at the time I was optimising for the #is... methods, being that the topmost is considered first. Not sure is makes much difference to be fair though...

Regards, Gary.

Also it matches the order of submorphs in Morphic...

Another fun alternative:

World fillStyle: (
CompositeFillStyle fillStyles: {
        (GradientFillStyle colors: {Color white alpha: 0.1. Color black alpha: 0.5})
                origin: 0@0;
                direction: 0@ Display height.
        (GradientFillStyle colors: {Color paleGreen. Color blue})
                origin: 0@0;
                direction: Display width@0
})

Gary :-)