Concurent users on an island sim?

RichWhite
Has anyone ever been on an island/sim with over 20 concurrent users all
collaborating on a virtual class/meeting/session?

Thanks for your input!

Rich

====

Re: Concurent users on an island sim?

John Grozik
Rich:
I am often involved with SL meetings that have from 10 to 30
concurrent users.  The 10 person meetings use the new voice feature.
The 30 avatar meetings are held every Friday morning on a nonprofit
sim I belong to.  Mostly chat and a few demos.  I was also in a
SLOODLE meeting that had 20 concurrent users.  One other meeting I
attended had about 200 folks divided among the adjacent corners of
four sims.  Lots of lag, but the meeting supported chat, voice and
some streaming video.  Class 5 servers by Liinden Labs are supposed to
support 50 or more concurrent users.  I'm on one that seems to meet
that spec.

John (Docent Alturas) Grozik
Milwaukee