ConfigurationOfCommandShell

Stephan Eggermont-3

I'm not sure what is happening in the baseline of ConfigurationOfCommandShell.
The core group looks Pharo specific. It is nice that the menu entry for Pharo got
a new name. The window title then no longer corresponds with the menu entry
though.

Stephan

Re: ConfigurationOfCommandShell

David T. Lewis

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:24:03AM +0100, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> I'm not sure what is happening in the baseline of ConfigurationOfCommandShell.
> The core group looks Pharo specific. It is nice that the menu entry for Pharo got
> a new name. The window title then no longer corresponds with the menu entry
> though.

Hi Stephan,

This is more of a Pharo question than a VM question, but you are right. The
ConfigurationOfCommandShell is used by Pharo users. For Squeak, no configuration
is required, and you can load either from SqueakMap or directly from the repository
at squeaksource.com. Use the latest versions of CommandShell (i.e. CommandShell-dtl.76.mcz
as of this writing) and OSProcess, and all will be well.

Dave

Dave wrote:
>This is more of a Pharo question than a VM question, but you are right.

Oops, subconsciously send to the place where I expected the fastest answer...
I'll clean it up then

Stephan

Re: ConfigurationOfCommandShell

Tobias Pape

On 08.12.2014, at 13:32, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:24:03AM +0100, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what is happening in the baseline of ConfigurationOfCommandShell.
>> The core group looks Pharo specific. It is nice that the menu entry for Pharo got
>> a new name. The window title then no longer corresponds with the menu entry
>> though.
>
> Hi Stephan,
>
> This is more of a Pharo question than a VM question, but you are right. The
> ConfigurationOfCommandShell is used by Pharo users. For Squeak, no configuration
> is required, and you can load either from SqueakMap or directly from the repository
> at squeaksource.com. Use the latest versions of CommandShell (i.e. CommandShell-dtl.76.mcz
> as of this writing) and OSProcess, and all will be well.

FWIW I'd be surprised if there's a config that does not work
for Squeak while loading it old-style[1] does.

Best
        -Tobias

[1]: Yes, I consider SqueakMap old-style.