ConfigurationOfControl (was Re: [squeak-dev] Seaside, Squeak4.4, SqueakMap and Metacello, or Why Software Configuration Management is Important (war: Re: [Seaside] New catalog entry for Seaside 3.0.3))

ConfigurationOfControl (was Re: [squeak-dev] Seaside, Squeak4.4, SqueakMap and Metacello, or Why Software Configuration Management is Important (war: Re: [Seaside] New catalog entry for Seaside 3.0.3))

Frank Shearar-3
On 6 March 2013 10:39, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Am 06.03.2013 um 11:09 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On 6 March 2013 09:30, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> (I used to have a ConfigurationOfControl; I changed it to an Installer
>> script because the time it took to load Metacello and friends
>> completely dwarfed the time it took to load Control. Control is tiny
>> and has no dependencies outside a standard image.)
>
> Did you happen to have Metacello installed before loading the Config?
> Other than that, I would like to see the config :)

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Control/ConfigurationOfControl-fbs.21.mcz
should be reasonably current.

frank

Re: ConfigurationOfControl (was Re: [squeak-dev] Seaside, Squeak4.4, SqueakMap and Metacello, or Why Software Configuration Management is Important (war: Re: [Seaside] New catalog entry for Seaside 3.0.3))

Tobias Pape
Am 06.03.2013 um 13:33 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

> On 6 March 2013 10:39, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Am 06.03.2013 um 11:09 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> On 6 March 2013 09:30, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> (I used to have a ConfigurationOfControl; I changed it to an Installer
>>> script because the time it took to load Metacello and friends
>>> completely dwarfed the time it took to load Control. Control is tiny
>>> and has no dependencies outside a standard image.)
>>
>> Did you happen to have Metacello installed before loading the Config?
>> Other than that, I would like to see the config :)
>
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Control/ConfigurationOfControl-fbs.21.mcz
> should be reasonably current.

I shall have a look at it.

Best