ConfigurationOfMockGemStone relative package load

dario trussardi
Ciao,

i work with Pharo 4.0. 

I follow Dale considerations  ( 12 dicembre 2014 ) :

So a dev cycle would go like the following:

1. develop in Pharo.
  2. save packages to filetree repo in git repository
  3. at bash shell prompt `git add .` then `git commit ....` then `git push ....`
  4. log into other server
  5. if you are using tODE you will be able to the `pull` from the `project list`
      and you will be able to load the packages into gemstone using `load` from
      the project list ...

I strongly recommend that you learn to use BaselineOf and git, because your development process is greatly simplified.

Now i have a :

Object subclass: #ConfigurationOfDtrBase instanceVariableNames: 'project' classVariableNames: 'LastVersionLoad' category: 'ConfigurationOfDtrBase'

version20: spec <version: '2.0' imports: #('2.0-baseline')> spec for: #common do: [ spec blessing: #release. spec author: 'DTR'. spec description: 'Release 2.0 of this project '. ].

and:

baseline20: spec
<version: '2.0-baseline'>
spec for: #gemstone do: [
spec package: 'DTROnlyForOODB'with:[
spec repository: '<a href="filetree:///mnt/development">filetree:///mnt/development'.]
] .
spec for: #pharo do: [
spec package: 'DtrMock' with:[
spec repository: '<a href="filetree:///mnt/development']">filetree:///mnt/development'].
] .
spec for: #common do: [

spec package: 'ConfigurationOfMockGemStone' with:[ spec repository: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MockGemStone' ]
spec repository:'<a href="filetree:///mnt/development'">filetree:///mnt/development'.
spec package: 'DTRCore'.
spec package: 'DtrBase' with:[ spec requires:#( 'DTRCore')].
spec package: 'DTRMetaDb' with:[ spec requires:#( 'DtrBase')]
].

Now my question is:

after load the last version of  ConfigurationOfMockGemStone    ( if i right understand defined the baseline load the last version of the package )

how i can load automatically, adding some  metacello script,  the relative last stable definition package:

version11: spec <version: '1.1' imports: #('1.0-baseline')> spec for: #common do: [ spec blessing: #release. spec description: '- update configuration..for *.PaulDeBruicker.32 which includes ObjectLogEntry '. spec author: 'Paul DeBruicker'. spec timestamp: '11 November 2014' ]. spec for: #pharo do: [ spec package: 'MockGemStone' with: 'MockGemStone-PaulDeBruicker.34' ]. spec for: #gemstone do: [ spec package: 'MockGemStone.g' with: 'MockGemStone.g-NorbertHartl.3' ]

Thanks for any considerations,

Dario

P.S.  Where i can found  information-documentation about Metacello configurations?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ConfigurationOfMockGemStone relative package load

Dale Henrichs-3

On 11/28/2015 03:44 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano wrote:
Ciao,

i work with Pharo 4.0. 

1. develop in Pharo.
  4. log into other server
      the project list ...

I strongly recommend that you learn to use BaselineOf and git, because your development process is greatly simplified.

Now i have a :

Object subclass: #ConfigurationOfDtrBase instanceVariableNames: 'project' classVariableNames: 'LastVersionLoad' category: 'ConfigurationOfDtrBase'

version20: spec <version: '2.0' imports: #('2.0-baseline')> spec for: #common do: [ spec blessing: #release. spec author: 'DTR'. spec description: 'Release 2.0 of this project '. ].

and:

spec repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development">filetree:///mnt/development'.]
] .
spec repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development%27]">filetree:///mnt/development'].
] .

spec package: 'ConfigurationOfMockGemStone' with:[ spec repository: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MockGemStone' ]
spec repository:'<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development%27">filetree:///mnt/development'.
].

Now my question is:

after load the last version of  ConfigurationOfMockGemStone    ( if i right understand defined the baseline load the last version of the package )

how i can load automatically, adding some  metacello script,  the relative last stable definition package:

version11: spec <version: '1.1' imports: #('1.0-baseline')> spec for: #common do: [ spec blessing: #release. spec description: '- update configuration..for *.PaulDeBruicker.32 which includes ObjectLogEntry '. spec author: 'Paul DeBruicker'. spec timestamp: '11 November 2014' ]. spec for: #pharo do: [ spec package: 'MockGemStone' with: 'MockGemStone-PaulDeBruicker.34' ]. spec for: #gemstone do: [ spec package: 'MockGemStone.g' with: 'MockGemStone.g-NorbertHartl.3' ]

First off I see that you are using FileTree as your main repository, so I recommend that you use a BaselineOfDtrBase for managing your proejct as it is much simpler than ConfigurationOfDtrBase.

Here's my cut at a BaselineOfDtrBase (GemStone 3.x fileout):

BaselineOf subclass: #BaselineOfDtrBase instanceVariableNames: '' classVariableNames: '' category: 'BaselineOfDtrBase'
baseline: spec
  <baseline>
  spec
    for: #'common'
    do: [
      spec
        configuration: 'MockGemStone'
        with: [
          spec
            version: '1.1';
            repository: 'http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MockGemStone' ].
      spec
        package: 'DTRCore' with: [ spec requires: #('MockGemStone') ];
        package: 'DtrBase' with: [ spec requires: #('DTRCore') ];
        package: 'DTRMetaDb' with: [ spec requires: #('DtrBase') ];
        yourself ].
  spec
    for: #'gemstone'
      spec configuration: 'MockGemStone' with: [ spec loads: 'MockGemStone.g' ].
      spec package: 'DTROnlyForOODB' with: [ spec requires: #('DTRCore') ] ].
  spec
    for: #'pharo'
      spec configuration: 'MockGemStone' with: [ spec loads: 'MockGemStone' ].
      spec package: 'DtrMock' with: [ spec requires: #('DTRCore') ] ]

I've made assumptions about dependencies (requires:) for package load order, so you should edit it to match the package dependencies ...

Dario

P.S.  Where i can found  information-documentation about Metacello configurations?

The best place to get an intro to Metacello is the "Managing projects with Metacello" chapter in Pharo by example[1] and here's some information specific to using BaselineOf[2].

Dale

[1] http://pharobyexample.org/drafts/Metacello.pdf
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWithGitHub.md#create-baseline

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

dario trussardi
Ciao,

Ciao,

i work with Pharo 4.0. 

1. develop in Pharo.
  4. log into other server
      the project list ...

Now i have a :

and:

spec repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development">filetree:///mnt/development'.]
] .
spec repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development%27]">filetree:///mnt/development'].
] .

spec repository:'<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///mnt/development%27">filetree:///mnt/development'.
].

Now my question is:

First off I see that you are using FileTree as your main repository, so I recommend that you use a BaselineOfDtrBase for managing your proejct as it is much simpler than ConfigurationOfDtrBase.

BaselineOf subclass: #BaselineOfDtrBase instanceVariableNames: '' classVariableNames: '' category: 'BaselineOfDtrBase'
  <baseline>
  spec
      spec
          spec
      spec
        yourself ].
  spec
  spec

I've made assumptions about dependencies (requires:) for package load order, so you should edit it to match the package dependencies ...

Ok i create the  BaselineOfDtrBase  class and save the package into: /DTRDevelopment    directory

Now for load the BaselineOfDtrBase in a new Pharo 4.0 image i do:  ( it's right ???? )

| pathToPackageDirectory | "edit to match the path to your chosen package directory" pathToPackageDirectory := '/DTRDevelopment'. Metacello new baseline: 'DtrBase'; repository: '<a href="filetree://'">filetree://', pathToPackageDirectory; load.

The system erase the error:

Could not resolve: DTRCore [DTRCore] in /Users/dtr/Library/Application Support/Pharo/images/CT-Pharo 4.0 (pier301)/package-cache <a href="filetree:///DTRDevelopment">filetree:///DTRDevelopment

This Pharo 4.0 image is create with Pharo launcher into /Users/dtr/Library/Application Support/Pharo/images/CT-Pharo 4.0 (pier301)

What solution?

Thanks,
Dario

Dario

The best place to get an intro to Metacello is the "Managing projects with Metacello" chapter in Pharo by example[1] and here's some information specific to using BaselineOf[2].

Dale

[1] http://pharobyexample.org/drafts/Metacello.pdf
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWithGitHub.md#create-baseline

--

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3

On 12/04/2015 07:59 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano wrote:
Ciao,

Ciao,

i work with Pharo 4.0. 

1. develop in Pharo.
  4. log into other server
      the project list ...

Now i have a :

and:

] .
] .

].

Now my question is:

<baseline>
  spec
      spec
          spec
      spec
        yourself ].
  spec
  spec

Ok i create the  BaselineOfDtrBase  class and save the package into: /DTRDevelopment    directory

Now for load the BaselineOfDtrBase in a new Pharo 4.0 image i do:  ( it's right ???? )

| pathToPackageDirectory | "edit to match the path to your chosen package directory" pathToPackageDirectory := '/DTRDevelopment'. Metacello new baseline: 'DtrBase'; repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree://%27">filetree://', pathToPackageDirectory; load.

The system erase the error:

Could not resolve: DTRCore [DTRCore] in /Users/dtr/Library/Application Support/Pharo/images/CT-Pharo 4.0 (pier301)/package-cache <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="filetree:///DTRDevelopment">filetree:///DTRDevelopment

This Pharo 4.0 image is create with Pharo launcher into /Users/dtr/Library/Application Support/Pharo/images/CT-Pharo 4.0 (pier301)

What solution?

I forgot to mention that you should also save/copy the other packages into the /DTRDevelopment filetree repository ... you can use the MonticelloBrowser to copy the DTRCore, DtrBase, DTRMetaDb, DTROnlyForOODB, and DtrMock packages into the /DTRDevelopment filetree repo

Dale

--