Conflicting type on readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt

Conflicting type on readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt

Jean Baptiste Arnaud

hi,
i take the source from svn.
I Install Clean VMMaker, generate source (on Mac OS)
then :

src / interp.c >>
sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile  f, sqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType  imageOffset);
Cross / sq.h>>
sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile f, usqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType imageOffset);

If i correct  manually that compile and work .
I missing something ?

Regard
Jean Baptiste Arnaud

Re: Conflicting type on readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt

johnmci

Ok, well you should create a mantis report and create a fix for the interp.c. I recall altering the desiredHeapSize from sqInt to usqInt when I was doing the 64bit work because *technically* on a 4GB memory system you should be able to ask for 3GB of memory which isn't possible if the value is signed.

Well not that any 4GB system will give you 3GB of memory, but if it was a 64bit system you'd likely get greater than 1/2 the memory.
or maybe not? Anyone want to test?

On 2010-04-22, at 6:27 AM, Jean Baptiste Arnaud wrote:

hi,
i take the source from svn.
I Install Clean VMMaker, generate source (on Mac OS)
then :

src / interp.c >>
sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile  f, sqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType  imageOffset);
Cross / sq.h>>
sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile f, usqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType imageOffset);

If i correct  manually that compile and work .
I missing something ?

Regard
Jean Baptiste Arnaud

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Conflicting type on readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt

David T. Lewis

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 03:27:56PM +0200, Jean Baptiste Arnaud wrote:

> hi,
> i take the source from svn.
> I Install Clean VMMaker, generate source (on Mac OS)
> then :
>
> src / interp.c >>
> sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile  f, sqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType  imageOffset);
> Cross / sq.h>>
> sqInt readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt(sqImageFile f, usqInt desiredHeapSize, squeakFileOffsetType imageOffset);
>
> If i correct  manually that compile and work .
> I missing something ?

Jean,

You are using an out of date version of VMMaker. The declarations
in both interp.c and sq.h were changed last month. I think that
you are trying to build with the latest platform sources from svn
and with some older version of VMMaker.

If you are using Pharo with ConfigurationOfVMMaker, you probably
should *not* use one of the declared version levels, because it will
generally be out of date with respect to current svn sources. Instead,
tell Metacello to load the latest version. If you are using a Squeak
image with MCMcmUpdater, you can evaluate "VMMaker updateFromServer"
to get the latest version.

The latest version of the VMMaker package is always at SqueakSource.

Dave