Connectors

Luke Gorrie-2
Hi!

I'm having extreme fun playing with Squeak :-)

I would like to play around with programming Connectors. Does anyone
have some documentation they could share? e.g. sneak me a copy of the
very expensive papers form the C5 conference? :-)

Thanks!
-Luke

Re: Connectors

Tapple Gao
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 02:52:37PM +0100, Luke Gorrie wrote:
> I would like to play around with programming Connectors. Does anyone
> have some documentation they could share? e.g. sneak me a copy of the
> very expensive papers form the C5 conference? :-)

The only documentation I know of for connectors in Ned's
tutorial, ported to pbwiki:
http://squeak.pbwiki.com/Connector%20Tutorial

For sample code, you could look at Jacaranda from Squeak Map.
Other than that, try googling for Squeak Connectors

Re: Connectors

Luke Gorrie-2
Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> writes:

> The only documentation I know of for connectors in Ned's
> tutorial, ported to pbwiki:
> http://squeak.pbwiki.com/Connector%20Tutorial

This is excellent for understanding the direct-manipulation side of
things. I would like to understand the programming side better.

I'd be very interested to read Ned's paper:
  Connectors - A Framework for Building Graphical Applications in Squeak
from the proceedings of the C5 conference 2004. I recall that it
looked unreasonably expensive to buy from IEEE and the page holding
the abstract & purchasing information seems to be offline currently
too. I mailed him a ways back but haven't heard anything so perhaps
he's very busy.

I would also be very interested to read about applications /
simulations that have been written with Connectors.

I'm a newbie so for now I'm trying to figure out simple things like
how to traverse a graph of connectors starting from a connected morph.

Re: Re: Connectors

Markus Gälli-3

On Mar 25, 2007, at 7:47 AM, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> I would also be very interested to read about applications /
> simulations that have been written with Connectors.

you might be interested to have a look at petri-nets done with
connectors:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/

Cheers,

Markus