Conquet AI?

Richard-50
Well a AI system be put into conquet or is there already one? I think a AI system will be cool when making portals and have a AI control sertain factors. I almost think of it like makign a portal that contains all the AI files in it, all put in a dome or object that sends data to other portals. Having a AI make portals on its own or to make even art on its own, but thats to far in the futer to be real...:(. It would be cool to have a AI system.

Re: Conquet AI?

Alan Grimes
Richard wrote:
> Well a AI system be put into conquet or is there already one? I think a
> AI system will be cool when making portals and have a AI control sertain
>factors. I almost think of it like makign a portal that contains all the
> AI files in it, all put in a dome or object that sends data to other
> portals. Having a AI make portals on its own or to make even art on
> its own, but thats to far in the futer to be real...:(. It would be
> cool to have a AI system.

I very much look forward to using Croquet as a platform for working on
an agent based approach to general AI. When a more mature version
becomes available (grumble grumble), I would like to see what can be
done with its physics such that meaningful v-physical relationships can
be explored. I'd also like to explore the possibilities of further
hardware acceleration such as the ClearSpeed board.

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/

Re: Conquet AI?

Cees De Groot
I read an article in SciAm (IIRC) about new AI research that picks
from biology - robots with primitive brain-like architectures turn out
to be fast learners, and the hypothesis is that interaction with an
environment is a prerequisite for learning and thus artificial
intelligence.

This might all be old hat to the more academic types here ;-), but my
first thought was that Croquet might form an excellent substitute for
all the hardware work that these guys are currently doing...

(Yup, that's the original question turned inside-out, just wanted to
mention the idea)

On 2/27/06, Alan Grimes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I very much look forward to using Croquet as a platform for working on
> an agent based approach to general AI. When a more mature version
> becomes available (grumble grumble), I would like to see what can be
> done with its physics such that meaningful v-physical relationships can
> be explored. I'd also like to explore the possibilities of further
> hardware acceleration such as the ClearSpeed board.

Re: Conquet AI?

Darius Clarke
I have thought for a long while that Cycorp's open source, "common
knowledge" should be distributed with Croquet (and all computers
actually).

It would be a way for applications developers to express in a machine
reasonable way just /why/ their applications are important and the
expected effect their applications would have in the lives of their
users. If such reasoning systems were ubiquitous, more common hobbyist
developers would find a practical use for it. A constructivist 3D
simulation environment lends itself to being constructed and
maintained by such a reasoning tool.

Cheers,
Darius