Copy - Paste Methods

jess serrano

Good day. I'm just starting learn Squeak and I've been following the tutorials and I hit a snag-- How do I copy and paste methods to another class.

Thanks.

Re: Copy - Paste Methods

Tapple Gao
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:34:06PM -0700, jess serrano wrote:

> Good day. I'm just starting learn Squeak and I've been following the tutorials
> and I hit a snag-- How do I copy and paste methods to another class.

alt-c to copy, alt-v to paste. You should be able to map it to
ctrl-c and ctrl-v by doing tools > preferences > keyboard >
swapCtrlAndAltKeys

Sorry it's non-standard. I fixed the mouse buttons to be more
standard in 4.2. I guess the modifiers are my next challenge.

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)

Re: Copy - Paste Methods

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, jess serrano wrote:

> Good day. I'm just starting learn Squeak and I've been following the tutorials
> and I hit a snag-- How do I copy and paste methods to another class.

Besides what Matthew wrote, you can also drag methods and drop them to the
method categories of another class in Squeak 4.2. This also preserves the
timestamps of the methods.

Levente

> Thanks.

Re: Copy - Paste Methods

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, jess serrano wrote:
>

>> Good day. I'm just starting learn Squeak and I've been following the
>> tutorials
>> and I hit a snag-- How do I copy and paste methods to another class.
>
> Besides what Matthew wrote, you can also drag methods and drop them to the
> method categories of another class in Squeak 4.2. This also preserves the
> timestamps of the methods.

Forgot to mention that you have to press the shift key before dropping to
copy the method, otherwise you'll move it.

Levente