Craig Latta available for work

ccrraaiigg

Hi all--

        I'm available for work. My résumé is at:

        http://netjam.org/resume

        thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
computer scientist

RE: Craig Latta available for work

Joerg Beekmann, DeepCove Labs (YVR)
Hello Craig

What are your salary expectations and are you eligible to work in Canada? Basically if we can afford you and the government will let you work here we may have a job.

One project we have going on that looks like it will fit into your area of expertise is developing a real-time credit card gateway in Smalltalk. We are in the beta stage with the project and expect to have some scaling issues ahead of us.

Joerg

-----
Joerg Beekmann
DeepCove Labs
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC, V6C 2T5
voice +1.604.689.0322
fax   +1.604.689.0311
[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Unless otherwise indicated this email contains information that is private
and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
and delete this message along with any attachments.

Okay that obviously went out to the wrong place. My apologies.

Joerg

news.gmane.org-2
No need to apologize! It's a very interesting thread :-)

Joerg Beekmann wrote:

> Okay that obviously went out to the wrong place. My apologies.
>
> Joerg

Ed Boyce
Hi Craig.

organizing a bounty for a port of Squeak/Croquet to the Haiku operating
system. You'll recall that we spoke about Haiku OS as the successor te
BeOS in terms of its ultra low latency, fine grained multithreading
capabilities during that cab ride at C5.  These capabilities should make
it be a great, lightweight OS base for Squeak and Croquet.

The bounty (seeded with $1000 from me with some extra donations by others
expected) is being arranged through  www.haikubounties.org and will be
posted this week.  However, if you really were keen on the project, I
would give you first dibs on the fund since I know you have the right kind
of uber bit flinging experience to do it well.

Of course the work would be worth more than the modest bounty itself, but
the work will contribute significantly to the communiny, and the is to be
released under the Croquet license.  The port work is probably doable over
a few weeks with an initial working port possible within a week; it has
been done in a weekend for other Unix like platforms, and Ian P. has
offered to help with Unix-like build issues).

See
www.haiku-os.org
http://haikunews.org/1203

    Let me know if this intrigues you enough to want further info.

       Best Regards,

          Ed Boyce