Craig is running for the board in 2012

ccrraaiigg

Hi--

     Just a quick note to say that I'm running for the board this year.

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Craig is running for the board in 2012

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 06:47:40PM +0100, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi--
>
>      Just a quick note to say that I'm running for the board this year.

Yay! Thanks for volunteering (and also to the other future and current
board members).

Dave

RE: Craig is running for the board in 2012

Ron Teitelbaum
Thanks Craig!

Ron

Casey Ransberger-2
Woot!

On Feb 21, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi--
>
>     Just a quick note to say that I'm running for the board this year.
>

>     thanks,
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177
> + 1 415  287 3547

Election 2012 soon.... (Re: [squeak-dev] Craig is running for the board in 2012)

Göran Krampe
...which kinda implies that the election process should be started :)

I will try to get some time to start it during the next 7 days - anyone
care to help me? I confess that while I am still in this community (will
be for life probably) I am getting more and more drawn over to Pharo,
since that is what I now use for my private projects.

And this is a sidenote, but it would be interesting to hear from "board
runners" about how Squeak should/could interoperate with Pharo. Because
I fear starvation otherwise.

regards, Göran

Re: Election 2012 soon.... (Re: [squeak-dev] Craig is running for the board in 2012)

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:03:00AM +0100, G?ran Krampe wrote:
> ...which kinda implies that the election process should be started :)
>
> I will try to get some time to start it during the next 7 days - anyone
> care to help me? I confess that while I am still in this community (will
> be for life probably) I am getting more and more drawn over to Pharo,
> since that is what I now use for my private projects.

Great, thanks once again G?ran! (I can't offer any help right now, as
I am relocating and will have limited time internet access, so I may be
casting my vote through a cell phone ;)

Dave

> And this is a sidenote, but it would be interesting to hear from "board
> runners" about how Squeak should/could interoperate with Pharo. Because
> I fear starvation otherwise.
>
> regards, G?ran

Election 2012 soon.... (Re: [squeak-dev] Craig is running for the board in 2012)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr
Göran,

> ...which kinda implies that the election process should be started :)

Yes, though nobody seems to be in much of a hurry. We have traditionally
held the elections near the end of February but I asked the board if
anyone would have a problem with it being in March this year and nobody
complained.

> I will try to get some time to start it during the next 7 days - anyone
> care to help me?

Thank you very much for doing this! One thing that the board was
supposed do to help was to define an official way to create a list of
voters. We did, in fact, promise to do this as part of our agreement to
join the SFC. But every year we don't address this issue until is too
late and then we just use the list from the previous year with ad hoc
patches and promise ourselves to "do it right" the next year.

-- Jecel