Creating custom events in a domain.

Mispunt
Hi Squeakers,

I am working an a project where we have a domain. this domain should
not know the classes outside the world, so to communicate the domain
should fire an event where the classes outside the domain could react
to.
How could this be done? I didn't find anything about it in the wiki..

Kind regards,

Mispunt

Re: Creating custom events in a domain.

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno mar, 20/02/2007 alle 12.43 +0100, Mispunt ha scritto:
> Hi Squeakers,
>
> I am working an a project where we have a domain. this domain should
> not know the classes outside the world, so to communicate the domain
> should fire an event where the classes outside the domain could react
> to.
> How could this be done? I didn't find anything about it in the wiki..

Hi Mispunt,

you may try using the Announcements framework. Lukas Renggli recently
blogged about it at http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/decoupling

        Ciao,

                Giovanni

Re: Creating custom events in a domain.

Hilaire Fernandes-3
Mispunt a écrit :

> Hi Squeakers,
>
> I am working an a project where we have a domain. this domain should
> not know the classes outside the world, so to communicate the domain
> should fire an event where the classes outside the domain could react
> to.
> How could this be done? I didn't find anything about it in the wiki..
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mispunt

You are looking for the Observer pattern,

see this small note about it http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1214

Hilaire