Croquet Consortium April 6 technical call meeting minutes

1 message Options

Croquet Consortium April 6 technical call meeting minutes

Mark P. McCahill
Present: Darius Clarke, Andreas Raab, David Smith,
Mark McCahill, Howard Stearns, Bert Freudenberg

1.) Andreas asked about the location for the hedgehog source code
repository.

Mark said we can easily leave the repositories where they are for on
a University of Minnesota server - if we need to move them we will
get plenty of notice

Mark will get the DNS name source.opencroquet.org registered and we
will put the repository for the next release of croquet at that DNS
name. This suggests we start hosting persistent services (like source
code) on servers with .opencroquet.org names so we can easily change
which institutions are hosting the servers. Mark will report back on
setting up a new repository/name in two weeks - the intent is to get
the repository for the new release running by then.

Any fixes to the current SDK 1.0 hedgehog release should go into the
current repository

The name for the next release will be Jabberwocky

2.) David Smith will produce a draft roadmap in the next week for
comment, then use the next technical conference call to update the
larger community on the roadmap and solicit community input.

3.) Mark McCahill mentioned that people should look at the story
about Croquet at Mark Wallace's 3pointd.com blog
    http://www.3pointd.com/20070405/teledildonics-coming-to-croquet/
and the entries at about "The Naughtyizing of Croquet" at slashdong.org

We should also track how qdot is doing with interfacing personal
analog interface devices to Croquet since this will be a good way to
see what sorts of issues there are for someone who is learning the
system

Howard said he had written to Mark Wallace about the KidsFirst
project - anyone else who has a project should also let Mark Wallance
know

---------

The next call will be friday April 20 at 2:30 EDT = 1:30 CDT = 11:30
PDT.
To call in: 605-990-0400  passcode: 212635