Croquet Doodles

David Faught
Here is a video of some of my Croquet demos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gZBrsgAw0

Let me know what you think!

Dave

Re: Croquet Doodles

Les Howell
On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 13:28 -0500, David Faught wrote:
> Here is a video of some of my Croquet demos:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gZBrsgAw0
>
> Let me know what you think!
>
> Dave
Hi, Dave,
        Those are pretty neat.  Are you using Windows for your base platform?

        That also lead me to the edusim stuff, and the one with the kids
creating the Martian colony.

        Wow on all counts.

        My croquet has quit working. I have to revisit the website and find the
latest Linux version, and start over.  I think when I loaded some of the
alternative packages I broke it.  But because I was too hopeful and just
loaded a bunch of stuff at the same time, I don't know which package it
was.

        I'll work on that some this evening.  I am energized again (maybe it
was the Energizer battery one of the kids drew, or perhaps the white
rabbit that did it.)

Regards,
Les H

Re: Croquet Doodles

David Faught
On 3/16/08, Les <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 13:28 -0500, David Faught wrote:
> > Here is a video of some of my Croquet demos:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gZBrsgAw0
> >
> > Let me know what you think!
> >
> > Dave
> Hi, Dave,

Hi Les,
>        Those are pretty neat.  Are you using Windows for your base platform?

Yes.

>        That also lead me to the edusim stuff, and the one with the kids
> creating the Martian colony.
>
>        Wow on all counts.

Yes, the Edusim project is pretty cool too.

>        My croquet has quit working. I have to revisit the website and find the
> latest Linux version, and start over.  I think when I loaded some of the
> alternative packages I broke it.  But because I was too hopeful and just
> loaded a bunch of stuff at the same time, I don't know which package it
> was.

You might want to look at
http://croquetconsortium.org/index.php/Typical_Croquet_Development_Session
especially the basic guidelines.  If you didn't save the image after

>        I'll work on that some this evening.  I am energized again (maybe it
> was the Energizer battery one of the kids drew, or perhaps the white
> rabbit that did it.)
>
> Regards,
> Les H

Regards,
Dave

Re: Croquet Doodles

Ric Moore
On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 09:45 -0700, Les wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 13:28 -0500, David Faught wrote:
> > Here is a video of some of my Croquet demos:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gZBrsgAw0
> >
> > Let me know what you think!
> >
> > Dave
> Hi, Dave,
> Those are pretty neat.  Are you using Windows for your base platform?
>
> That also lead me to the edusim stuff, and the one with the kids
> creating the Martian colony.
>
> Wow on all counts.
>
> My croquet has quit working. I have to revisit the website and find the
> latest Linux version, and start over.  I think when I loaded some of the
> alternative packages I broke it.  But because I was too hopeful and just
> loaded a bunch of stuff at the same time, I don't know which package it
> was.
>
> I'll work on that some this evening.  I am energized again (maybe it
> was the Energizer battery one of the kids drew, or perhaps the white
> rabbit that did it.)

Les, did you fix it?? I dnloaded the new package, which complained of
not having a kernel. So, I copied the Croquet kernel I had, then it it
fired up nicely. First, the graphics look better. I'm just not seeing
any miracle applications that are new ...that I recognize. Let me know
how it goes. STILL waiting on the satellite dish. I'm not getting any
younger, for sure. So far I've tried Microverse, which fires up the
Linux server just fine. But, the client is for Windows. <sigh> Nothing
in the works so far. Qwag invited me to to try their improved Croquet
but no Linux client. <sigh> I'm trying several others, so I'll keep you
abreast of developments! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net  <---down4now too