Croquet FFIPrim tests crash smalltalk on linux32

Croquet FFIPrim tests crash smalltalk on linux32

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi folks,

Since the Croque works on the old image, I decided to try getting CroquetGL working on Squeak5.3/6.0alpha

In both cases, running the FFI tests crashes the image with stuff like this (this is what I copy paste from single xterm screen, let me know if you need redirect to file)

utcMicrosecondClock
//
**StackOverflow**
vmParameterAt:
vmParameterAt:
utcMicrosecondClock
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
signal
suspend
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
perform:
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
at:
headerWord
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
invokeWithArguments:

stack page bytes 4096 available headroom 2788 minimum unused headroom 1704

        (Segmentation fault)
Aborted

Re: Croquet FFIPrim tests crash smalltalk on linux32

codefrau
Not sure about those crashes, but does Nikolay's stuff work?

- Vanessa -

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:40 PM gettimothy via Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Since the Croque works on the old image, I decided to try getting CroquetGL working on Squeak5.3/6.0alpha

In both cases, running the FFI tests crashes the image with stuff like this (this is what I copy paste from single xterm screen, let me know if you need redirect to file)

utcMicrosecondClock
//
**StackOverflow**
vmParameterAt:
vmParameterAt:
utcMicrosecondClock
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
signal
suspend
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
perform:
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
at:
headerWord
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
invokeWithArguments:

stack page bytes 4096 available headroom 2788 minimum unused headroom 1704

        (Segmentation fault)
Aborted

Re: Croquet FFIPrim tests crash smalltalk on linux32

Nicolas Cellier
Hi all,
I confirm that FFI tests crashes a recent 32bits linux VM.
It segfaults in ffiPrintString which just printf the char * string passed...
The debug VM does not crash, which suggest that we still rely on some undefined behavior.
I did retry my one shot gun: recompile with clang

   $ CC=clang ./mvm

and the FFI tests then passed in optimised version too...
I suggest that we use that gun on the CI until we find the problem.

Le mar. 12 mai 2020 à 00:12, Vanessa Freudenberg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Not sure about those crashes, but does Nikolay's stuff work?

- Vanessa -

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:40 PM gettimothy via Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Since the Croque works on the old image, I decided to try getting CroquetGL working on Squeak5.3/6.0alpha

In both cases, running the FFI tests crashes the image with stuff like this (this is what I copy paste from single xterm screen, let me know if you need redirect to file)

utcMicrosecondClock
//
**StackOverflow**
vmParameterAt:
vmParameterAt:
utcMicrosecondClock
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
signal
suspend
getSystemAttribute:
getSystemAttribute:
basicNew:
stackp:
resume
value
wait
signal
utcMicrosecondClock
+
<
<=
>=
+
<
primSignal:atUTCMicroseconds:
wait
signal
wait
perform:
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
at:
headerWord
hashWithInitialHash:
compare:with:collated:
invokeWithArguments:

stack page bytes 4096 available headroom 2788 minimum unused headroom 1704

        (Segmentation fault)
Aborted

Re: Croquet FFIPrim tests crash smalltalk on linux32

Squeak - Dev mailing list

Hi

Yes. Installer installGitInfrastructure is the message.

IPV6 is off by default in prefs, so that is not the issue

I am on 6.0 alpha as that is that is what Nicolay is on on his website.

Transcript was open during the attempt and it fails with:

 louaded -> Metacello-Bitbucket-topa.6 --- github://Metacello/metacello:master/repository [230b152:master] --- cache
Using cache repository for ConfigurationOfGofer project package
Evaluated -> baseline [BaselineOfMetacello] >> reprimeRegistryIssue197
...finished baseline
...RETRY->BaselineOfSquot
...RETRY->BaselineOfSquot
gofer repository error: 'GoferRepositoryError: UndefinedObject>>isAlphaNumeric'...ignoring
...FAILED->BaselineOfSquot

Thank you for trying!

I may just stick with 64 bit and work things out there.

---- On T,ue, 12 May 2020 18:45:04 -0400 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi,

Le mer. 13 mai 2020 à 00:00, gettimothy <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Thanks.

Could you please try installing the Git tools too?  Nikolays work depends on that and instalkation on 32 bit 5.3 and 6.0 alpha both failed.

Installer installGitSomethingOrOther

I don't understand the request.
You mean Installer installGitInfrastructure?
It does not work for you? Did you try to swith the preference for IPv6 off?

I'm working with a Debian on Parallels VM for Mac, and since the last upgrade, it's a nightmare...
I've got all sort of problems like
"ACPI Exception AE_NOT_FOUND, Evaluating _PRS"
"Code should not be reached 'Inavlid wake-up pointer' at ../src/libsystemd/sd-event/sd-event.c:2558, function sd_event_wait(). Aborting."
And I regularly have the mouse pointer + keyboard locked when running Squeak, so I can't help you efficiently I'm afraid...

---- On Tue, 12 May 2020 17:10:07 -0400 [hidden email] wrote ----

Hi all,
I confirm that FFI tests crashes a recent 32bits linux VM.
It segfaults in ffiPrintString which just printf the char * string passed...
The debug VM does not crash, which suggest that we still rely on some undefined behavior.
I did retry my one shot gun: recompile with clang

   $ CC=clang ./mvm

and the FFI tests then passed in optimised version too...
I suggest that we use that gun on the CI until we find the problem.

Le mar. 12 mai 2020 à 00:12, Vanessa Freudenberg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Not sure about those crashes, but does Nikolay's stuff work?

- Vanessa -

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:40 PM gettimothy via Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi folks,

Since the Croque works on the old image, I decided to try getting CroquetGL working on Squeak5.3/6.0alpha

In both cases, running the FFI tests crashes the image with stuff like this (this is what I copy paste from single xterm screen, let me know if you need redirect to file)

utcMicrosecondClock
//
**StackOverflow**
vmParameterAt: