Croquet+OLPC

1 message Options

Croquet+OLPC

Alex Asimakopoulos
Hello,  i am currently studying on Croquet platform and OLPC-XO laptop.

I would like to ask you , if there is a way for Croquet and OLPC-XO (or
e-toys activity inside it) to be together.
Both Croquet and OLPC activity "e-toys" rely on Squeak VM, but in etoys'
Squeak VM there is NO OpenGL 3D Graphics Support. [it is a parameter in
Squeak.ini file].

My first question is if there is any minimal version of Croquet that
does not use 3d graphics, so that can be used on OLPC-XO laptop that
does not have OpenGL support
and a second one is, if there is a way, (maybe through monticello
browser), to export Croquet from its image, and load it into another
image, like e-toys image.

i am asking this because the base platform is Squeak Vm and there must
be some way of the two platforms integrate into one, or maybe we have to
create a separate activity in OLPC like e-toys?

hope i am not confusing you...
thanx in advance for your answers...

with regards,
Alex Asimakopoulos
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece