Croquet and Blender

12

Re: Shared Applications in Wonderland, nesting Squeak inside Croquet

Zummy

Wonderland is a nice project, but it's important to say that shared
applications only work for the Linux and Solaris versions. So: it's not a
multiplataform system like Croquet. Like you can read at:

I'm just guessing at this, I've never tried a shared application inside Wonderland or Croquet.

I thought the limitation was that the client was X11.  That would make X11 applications that run on Windows and MacOSX capable of being shared, and hence multiplatform.

I think it would be more correct to say that only X11 applications work. I've never used the OpenGL extension to X11, so someone else will have to tell me if an OpenGL application works inside Wonderland or not.

Is Croquet fully nestable, such that I can run a Croquet/Squeak inside of a Croquet portal?  I've never tried it, and it sounds very confusing.  I am just wondering.

John
12